Thread: dash kit and guage lights

dash kit and guage lights

does anyone know if i can get a different(preferably aluminum) dash kit somewhere online. i've never been a fan of wood trim even if it is real. mine is actually starting to crack in the center console by the power window switches. i'm also thinking about completely taking it out and painting it piano black.

another question. has anyone replace there gauge back lights with LED wide angle bulbs and if so, have the results been favourable. are you also able to change the backlighting on the small LCD displays?(trip comp, clock etc.)
    2000 W202 kompressor classic

The aluminum dash kit has to be custom made by a metal machinist (usually hard to find). Your only option is to buy or trade a used one for the carbon fiber. You can also get a vinyl overlay kit that can last you a while depending on the quality of the vinyl and the quality of the installation of the vynil. Here is a link to a great vinyl site, they even have brushed aluminum, burl wood, wood grain, or carbon fiber vinyl:

Vinyl Site

Ok, now pay attention on your question about how to see this next site because if you really want to do this your car will look awesome.

1. Go to www.altavista.com
    2. Click on a link that says "Babel Fish Translation"
    3. Go to the "Translate a Web Page" box and paste in this link (right click on the link and select "copy shortcut"):

http://mercedes-benz.forumactif.com/...LEDs-t6417.htm

4. Click on the arrow box that says "Select To And From Languages" and select "French to English".
    5. Click on "Translate"
    6. Bingo! just what you wanted. Frenchy is also a Club202 member and you can see his car in the Members Gallery section of the Club202.com forums.

that is pretty intense!! and the outcome looks wonderful altough there is too much delicate work to be done with that and to many expensive parts to possibly break

Well, if you think about it, you can try only doing the part he did with the "led" bulbs. I'm sure it would look great even if you didn't do the inside films. Just do the bulbs and you can get a great look.

and i think that's exactly what i'm going to do

Remember to "sand" the led bulbs, otherwise you will get bright and dark spots. This will diffuse the light evenly.

i've found a site that has LED bulbs made especially for guage cluster applications.

Please, do tell of this site. Where is it?

Sweet. Thanks.

no worries man

Size of LEDS

Jabu,

What size LEDs did you order from this website for your cluster. Will they fit perfectly or do you have to modify them. One of my bulbs is out (between the fuel gauge and speedometer and my temp one keeps going on and off). I wanted to order them before I opened up the cluster so I could open it, change it and close it. If I replace all the bulbs with LEDs, do you know how many I will need. I have a '97 C280.
    1997 C280
    Pioneer 7700MP
    MB Quart Components
    Alpine Type R 6x9\'s