Thread: Can u stuff 245's & 285's under a 202?

Can u stuff 245's & 285's under a 202?

I know, I know, this has probably been asked a thousand times. My bad! But, I gotta ask again.

Can u stuff 245/35-18's in the front....and, 285/30-18's in the back of a W202 Benz? Assuming the wheels have the right offset of course. Last year I had 235/35-19's (on 19x8) in the front, & 265/30-19's (on 19x9) on the car, but I've sinced sold this package (got bored of the look). I want to go with 18x8.5F & 18x9.5R wheels, & the above tire sizes. Anyone try it out? Thanks for any input.
    \'96 C280 Sport
    black on black
    19x8.5F 19x9.5R Replica CLS alloys
    235/35-19F 275/30-19R Nankangs
    lowered (cut stock springs)
    clear corners
    headlight eyelid covers
    Nokya Arctic purple 8500K bulbs
    PBR/Axxis pads
    chromed doorlock pins

OG Moderator
    yep.. I was running that exact set up on my 18" W210 E55 AMG Monoblocks.. 245/40/18 and 285/35/18 tires.. fit nice.. you may need to roll fenders and flare though. but they do fit.
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

well i dont think you could get a better answer than that
    -Logan-

DAM! Got any pictures of that? I really diddnt think you could fit that much tire under there without some serious issues. I guess flared fenders are a must..
    1996 C36

-blacked out grill
    -cold air intake
    -flat hood emblem
    -full custom bent exhaust
    -stereo things.

OG Moderator
    not the best quality pics.. but I found a few from when I was running W210 E55 AMG Monoblocks.
    again not the best pics to see the tires and how wide they are.. but they are indeed 245/40/18 and 285/35/18's!

Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

--18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

SLAMMED, I think i'ved asked you a trillion times, but I keep forgetting.

What supension setup were you running in that picture? Was it ebiach or H&R cup kit? Or am I completely wrong lol

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by sensoryx
    SLAMMED, I think i'ved asked you a trillion times, but I keep forgetting.

What supension setup were you running in that picture? Was it ebiach or H&R cup kit? Or am I completely wrong lol
    lol.. I these pics I was running Eibach springs with 1/2 coil cut up front and #3 pads, the rear is on #1 pads. Koni sport adjustable shocks.

How's the ride quality on the eibach? I am planning to switch my h&rs for eibach or jamex.

Are they eibach sportlines? I never knew eibach gave such a nice tuck in the rear. I'm curious to see what eibach with #1s all around looks like?
    Did you have to roll your fenders to achieve the tuck?

Haha sorry bout the load of questions. Thanks!

OG Moderator
    How's the ride quality on the eibach? I am planning to switch my h&rs for eibach or jamex.

Are they eibach sportlines? I never knew eibach gave such a nice tuck in the rear. I'm curious to see what eibach with #1s all around looks like?
    Did you have to roll your fenders to achieve the tuck?

Haha sorry bout the load of questions. Thanks!
    I like the ride quality.. got a nice firmness to them.. not bouncy. Ive always used Eibachs to lower.
    yes they should be the Eibach sportlines.
    with #1 pads they tuck pretty nice in the rear.. I used to run #1 pads up front.. let me see if I can find a pic...
    yes because of the lowness I did have to roll and flare my fenders..... alot!!
    Okay here we go.. my first set of rims.. 19" Lowenharts. #1 pads front and #3 rear at the time.. I soon switched to #1 pad rear as well. and cut my front springs 1/4 coil!! Ill see what other pics I can dig up.

Thanks for taking the time to dig out the pics for me! Yeah because if I remember correctly eibach sportlines and pro kits give different drops. I believe sportlines give a bigger drop.

Eibach sportlines are difficult to dig up now. Same goes with jamex. My question is this then.. Whichever I get, in order to acheive tucking in the rear I "must" roll fender?

OG Moderator
    Thanks for taking the time to dig out the pics for me! Yeah because if I remember correctly eibach sportlines and pro kits give different drops. I believe sportlines give a bigger drop.

Eibach sportlines are difficult to dig up now. Same goes with jamex. My question is this then.. Whichever I get, in order to acheive tucking in the rear I "must" roll fender?
    Hmmmm.. maybe it is the Pro kit I have. thats something Id have to look for in my garage!! I think it is the Pro kit to think about it.
    no problem.. I was just looking through some cd's of pics I have and found them! coincidence!!
    well no. if you want your car to tuck in the rear, you need to have it low enough for it to tuck in the first place!.. then for clearance you will at least need to roll the fenders. depends on wheel size and offsets.
    I had to roll and flare my fenders because of my wheels and my drop. otherwise Id rub like crazy.