Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HP increase...

Question HP increase...

Hey guys i have stock 2000 c230 kompressor that puts ot about 190hp and wanted to add some Hp for the streets....so if you guys could give me some mods that wold give me some quick Hp i would really appriciate it. Thanks
    2000 C23K Sport / Custom Magnaflow Exhaust / H7 6000k HIDs / Zimmerman Cross Drilled Rotors / Real CF B Pillars & CF Spoiler / Smoked LED Tails / H&R / Bilstein / V1 Radar/Laser Detector

yes please everyone help us both
    2000 W202 kompressor classic

Type R stickers will instantly make your car faster.

Originally posted by chewiguy
    stickers will make my car faster??
    2000 C23K Sport / Custom Magnaflow Exhaust / H7 6000k HIDs / Zimmerman Cross Drilled Rotors / Real CF B Pillars & CF Spoiler / Smoked LED Tails / H&R / Bilstein / V1 Radar/Laser Detector

Originally posted by chewiguy
    And putting this kind of comment will
    make you smarter.

sigh. i swear i'm going to post a thread and drop so many keywords and have it stickied in every single thread that we can't possibly add to the dozens and dozens of threads like this one.

to the poster above, not to be rude but.....huh??? it would be easier to find things if the forum was segregatted into the different C models available. a general search with find you a bunch of useless post with only a few that are worthwhile.
    2000 W202 kompressor classic

OG Moderator
    >>Type R stickers will instantly make your car faster.<<

The red ones make your car go faster than the white ones.
    1999 C230 Kompressor

Originally posted by jabu
    to the poster above, not to be rude but.....huh??? it would be easier to find things if the forum was segregatted into the different C models available. a general search with find you a bunch of useless post with only a few that are worthwhile.

I disagree with you Jabu. If only you spend the time to search you will seriously find almost everything you need. Not only on this forum but others like mbworld and benzworld.org. That's why I made that ridiculous comment about stickers for this topic that has been brought up over and over again.

But I will still contribute to this thread seriously.

Instead of spending tons of money on minor increases in hp, try getting the most out of what you already have by doing weight reduction mods such as lighter wheels, removing the spare, taking out your back seats, cf hood.

Otherwise some other mod options include custom intake, full catback exhaust (both which won't do a whole lot except fill the streets with testosterone filled noise) and the pully kit from omeyhomey (if he has one for your engine). We have some extremely dedicated modders who have spent lots of time and money on turbo kits and nitrous but in all honesty, your car isn't going to be a racing beast.

I'm instead focusing my money on "low and slow" so I've upgraded my suspension and wheels for great fun on the twisties and a distinct styling. Your benz is a luxury sedan so treat it like one. Stop racing on the streets and start flashing the emblem like a status symbol of "not poor" unlike the kids with the decked out civics.

Just my opinion but to each his own.

Good luck with the car.

ya dude im with you one that one people need to search only one thing i havent found is how or how easy is it to chang shocks or springs
    Mercedes
    Engineers
    Racecars
    Carfully
    Economically
    Drivability
    Even
    Safety

If you haven't seen it done before, it's pretty difficult. If you have witnessed it, then the steps are alot easier to understand. You'll also need a spring compressor for the front springs.

weight weight weight weight weight.... reduce as much of it as humanly possible. a good 150-200lbs will do wonders for the car.

Do a custom exhaust setup, ditch the whole stock system. Custom magnaflow setup will drop alot of weight (very important) and help that supercharged 4-banger breathe more. a single 2.5" setup is all the flow you'd ever need. run high flow cats and 22" magnaflow resonator and magnaflow muffler (either 14" stand alone muffler + tips or the shorter all-in-one stainless muffers (loudest). Also MAKE SURE you do mandrel bends.

and if people keep searching there will be hardly no new treads and lees people signing up

"dont reg with that site thay all wize asses that cant awnser a simple fuckin question"

In Charge
    This site is not about how many people we have as Members.

Our number one priority is to have a site with useful information regarding a car we all love.

Having multiple Threads of the same thing is useless and counterproductive, and frankly the main reason why you do not see Senior Members chiming in more often.

I'd rather have 5 Members with useful information then 1000000000000 Members and multiple Threads that have been answered and addressed over and over and over again.

edit: on topic, doing an engine swap will be very difficult and costly. Your best bet would be to look into ECU tuning or upgrading the car as a whole. Oh yeah, dropping weight will help too.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

In a Forum, there will always be a "newbie" - that's a fact. IMO, there are two categories for a "newbie", the newbie that has been around from other forums and the newbie that is not familiar with forums and just so happens to join this one. It's the newbie that has been around and knows to do a search first before posting a very common topic that should get sarcastic remarks for posting without searching first. The other newbie should get a nice pat on the back and given a proper, informative direction like a one liner "Pls do a search since this topic has been covered before" should do the trick. The problem is, no one knows which category a newbie is, that is why we should treat all newbies as the second type and just reply properly. Innocent 'till proven guilty scenario. And I totally agree with Denlasoul - Quality over Quantity is what makes a forum stand out.

Anyways, going back to the topic too...

C230KSport00, it depends on what you are looking for. If you want agressive mods, then engine swaps/turbocharging/supercharging is probably your route. Since you mentioned "quick hp" mods, then intake/exhaust and weight reduction is the way to go. What I did to my C230 right after I got it was to bring back it's glory days when it was new. The 190hp you are talking about is probably when it was brand new. Overtime, the fi get's clogged-up, your MAF sensor gets inaccurate and other parts integral to your car's performance starts to deteriorate. So, if you haven't done so, I would first start rejuvenating the parts in your car by doing FI cleaning, MAF cleaning, etc... And the least expensive of all, weight-reducing.

Thanks for everyones help and sorry for not searching enough before i asked a question. But i still have one question what do you mean by MAF and FI cleaning? Sorry in advance if its a well known term. Thanks

AMEN
    Mercedes
    Engineers
    Racecars
    Carfully
    Economically
    Drivability
    Even
    Safety

In Charge
    Originally posted by C230KSPORT00
    Thanks for everyones help and sorry for not searching enough before i asked a question. But i still have one question what do you mean by MAF and FI cleaning? Sorry in advance if its a well known term. Thanks
    MAF/MAS = Mass Air Flow or Mass Ais Sensor
    FI = Fuel Injectors

One problem with cars is that these two items collect dirt and grime over the years. It inhibits the car from running at its peak performance.

Go over the basics, change the air, fuel filters. Have your tranny serviced, check the plugs, have the MAS and FI checked out. Make sure your car is running 100%, then go after the mods.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

C55 Charter Member
    In addition to weight reduction and all other points mentioned, go for the lightest rims, and more importantly, tires, you can find! This will reduce the moment of inertia of the tire + rim combo the most and make it easier for your engine to get them turning on acceleration.

I can suggest OZ Supperleggera rims and Michelin tires. Out of the only three tires I'd consider in the 'extreme performance' category, the Michelin is the lightest, then Dunlop, then Bridgestone.

Another good place for rims/tires

Another great place for light rims/tires is www.edgeracing.com.

Its tough to argue with 17" rims < 19 lbs for $139 a piece.

I had a set of 17 lb rims on my Audi S4 before I sold it. I figured at $99 a piece, if something went wrong, I'd just buy another. I never had to do that.
    1999 C230k: AMG Rims, Carbon Fiber Trim, Clear Corners. Coming soon: H&R Cup kit, SC Overdrive Pulley, tints.

Cool. Thanks for all the info everyone.

With all my efforts going into making a car handle and go fast I really looked hard at the C230K. With the lightest engine and the same chassis as a AMG C43 I think you can make a C230K really go like mad.

The motor should not be too hard to get 300 Hp with a Superchager replacement and some head work, intake and exhaust and I know the 202chassis can get it done around the corners.

Think of speed like this: If you never have slow down, then you never have to speed up.

Jeff
    1999 C43 Obsidian Black; Penske Remote Adjustable Shocks; Adjustable Spring Perches; SSR Comp Wheels, 9.5 & 9.5x17\"; Custom 31.75mm front & 19mm rear swaybar; Ported Manifold; Limited Slip Differential, Headers and race Cats, Other Stuff

Originally posted by speedybenz
    With all my efforts going into making a car handle and go fast I really looked hard at the C230K. With the lightest engine and the same chassis as a AMG C43 I think you can make a C230K really go like mad.

The motor should not be too hard to get 300 Hp with a Superchager replacement and some head work, intake and exhaust and I know the 202chassis can get it done around the corners.

Think of speed like this: If you never have slow down, then you never have to speed up.

Jeff
    When you say a supercharged replacement do you mean replacing it with a new or used one?

a new one that can get more hp
    Mercedes
    Engineers
    Racecars
    Carfully
    Economically
    Drivability
    Even
    Safety