Thread: Tape Storage Bay Replacement - Where to buy?

Tape Storage Bay Replacement - Where to buy?

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a replacement bay for the Mercedes c280 tape storage bay that came stock in the car?

The CD storage bay would be optimal...and that's what I'm looking for, but I couldn't find anyone that knew where to find one in previous posts.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Ouch...$50 (shipped) for $.03 worth of plastic. I suppose cassette holders aren't that bad =)

I'd be better off ordering from the deal I think. Does anyone know if the CD storage racks are still made by Benz or even if they ever were?

Jonathan

If you're looking for just a cubby, you can get one at the dealership.. p/n 202 683 00 91. I think I remember paying under $20.
    The CD holders are aftermarket.. I think there is a link on the forum somewhere if you search.

2012 535i
    2005 545i - Retired
    1994 C280 - Retired

I decided not to bother with the CD holder...I looked into it and decided to remove the unit to see a p/n.

Just like the cup holder, the tape holder is made by Fischer Automotive. If anyone is interested, the P/N for the CD version is 21103 from this source:

http://www.vehiclecontrols.com/html/...termarket.html

They don't have them in stock and won't be getting anymore, but I was told the universal should fit the w202 bay after you remove the stackable individualized 6 cassettes. Price is $66 if anyone wants to go that route.

you can get the cubby hole from the dealer, wasnt that dear, they looked it up from my chassis number as it was an option when new
    -Logan-