Thread: High beam isnt working- Bulbs/Fuse OK

High beam isnt working- Bulbs/Fuse OK

When Im on low beams and I want to switch to high beams through the lever behind the wheel, nothing happens - except sometimes- when I move it back and forth many times, it works. But, when I want to flash someone, high beams ARE functional.

That was the case at least in the beginning and then my right high beam bulb stopped being functional so when I was flashing only the left high beam was on. Until yesterday...

...which it was fixed by itself and now both high beams are working but no matter how many times I move the lever back and forth I dont have steady high beams any more. I still can flash people if thats the right term anyway...Not the other thing with the coat... lol

H E L P !
    Jim
    >> My white Greek merC

combonation switch?
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

I second a combination stick problem.
    1999 C280 Sport - 80K

Glacier White/Ash Leather/Burlwood

seems like you and oc have the same problem...hmmm...
    1999 Silver C43 AMG
    Current Mods:
    Flathood Emblem * Avantgarde Grill * MB Sport Pedals * 18" AMG Monoblock Aero II * JVC KD-AVX77 * 2 10" Rockford Fosgate P2 Subs * Rockford Fosgate Punch 550.2 * Custom Exhaust * H&R Springs * Clear Corners * Carbon Fiber Wrapped Interior * Debadged

Soon to come:
    ECU Tune
    Mabuhay!

What if its the combination stick relay? I know that is located in the fusebox under the hood but which one is it? How can I tell? Pics out of the question? Thanks a lot guys.
    Jim
    >> My white Greek merC

NEA,

The boys are trying to tell you that there is a problem with the multifunction controller stalk attached to the steering wheel in the cabin.

NOT the combination relay under the hood.

Originally posted by NEA-4311

What if its the combination stick relay?
    Jim
    >> My white Greek merC

NEA,

If it is the combination Relay, then replace the relay! They are not very expensive and they do fail.

Have a look at the photos below. Note the relay box location behind the fuse box. Also note my car is RHD, so my fuse box is on the Right side. But your car is LHD. That means your fuse box is on the Left side under the hood.

http://www.autohausaz.com/search/pro...nation%20Relay

Dude the reason I wrote this thread in the first place was because I didnt know the location of that relay! I already knew it was either the combination switch or the combination relay (even if I didnt know the english names for them), and I didnt want to buy the switch first as it is very expensive in comparison to the relay which is very cheap.

Anyway, I really appreciate the photos and I would like to thank you for your time man, thank you so much. I will post the results as soon as I replace the damn thing.
    Jim
    >> My white Greek merC

OK I understand now! Your English is very good. My Greek is sadly non-existent.

Hope the relay works for you!

same problem but......

It involves my integrated fogs. Bulbs and fuse are new.

Combo relay next step??