Thread: Control Unit Replacement

Control Unit Replacement

My 94' C280 had engine problem about a month ago. The problem was that 2 cyclinders had no ignition and the control unit should be replaced as well as the coils. My question is that I found the Nos. printed on the used unit is not exactly the same as the original one. The original one is 016 545 78 32 (07) while the other one is 017 545 71 32 (02). I just want to know if this replacement is OK or not.

If you check the following site for applicability, you will find that the first module is good up to a certain number and the second is good from that number and on.

If you have the module already installed and it works, it would be hard to complain?

http://www.detali.ru/cat/oem_mb2.asp...SGR=080&SGN=06

PS. If the new module is not already paid for and installed, I would be tempted to replace the coil only and see if that worked. The other part is a lot more expensive and a lot less likely to fail?

Thanks but the link doesn't work.
    Actually, the mechanics help to repair is very experience and he did all the test including the coils. He had tried to put another control unit and checked that the coils are working with that unit. After being checked by some friends dealing with some high tech electronics business. The result was that something was not working properly and it would take more time to find out and they are not sure they can find the replacement parts or not. So I decided to find a replacement unit. Of course, a new one is much more expensive and that's the reason I switched to look for an used one.