Thread: flip down rear head rests, how to remove

flip down rear head rests, how to remove

does anyone know i looked and everything i do i feel liek ima break summin

thanks

I just took mine out yesterday after messing with them for weeks. After I figured it out it only took about a minute to do the second one.

obviously remove seat top & bottom. on the top section where the chrome rods go into rear deck remove the 2 plastic base fasterners, they pry out w/ screwdriver from the top. on the inside of the rear deck you'll notice the yellow plastic, and then a black lever, move the lever to the middle inbetween top position and bottom position (where it engages at). You'll have to do this to both sides of each headrest, long screwdriver through the hole (or I can believe can be done from trunk). Put headrest most of the way up towards front, and make sure the base fasteners are near the top of headrest.

Smack the bottom of headrest towards rear window while holding top of headrest straight up. Do this on the lower corner portion of the headrest, and do it to both lower corners. This disengages the rods from the base. You'll notice when it happens because the headrest will have give. Mine only popped one rod at a time, which I guess yours will too. Be careful to control the headrest cause I almost sent one through my rear window

only takes a minute once you do it for the first time

thanks for this

clearing up the mystery of ther 202 rear head rests

thanks