Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • keep the factory AMG resonator

1 12.50%
  • rip it off & replace w/ straight pipe

7 87.50%

Thread: to pipe or not to pipe

to pipe or not to pipe

when u got your muffler, did u do the piping or just weld it on? is there really any noticeable gains? was it worth it?

I honestly don't think our cars are made for exhaust to be put on it. Maybe a 6 or 8 cyl, but not 4cyl. I'd rather get nice lookin tips, than 2-3HP for $600! HAHAHA

4 cyl. does not need a pipe.

The garage::.
    C 230 040 Blacked Out
    Mods: 18\" monoblock, koni lowering springs,Debadged,Black headlight inserts,Custom Puddle Lights, Pioneer P6600,Euro Plates,LED interior lighting

CKlasse
    Actually..any german cars with dual cat (ULEV vehicles) can gain good torque & hp by replacing the cat & restrictive resonator. Especially if you have a good intake.

I work on BMWs and Merc cat back and downpipe all the time. It's worth the money! Although I dont know how you come up with the $600 figure.

from my experiance, whenever i change out a muffler or make an exhaust more free flowing, it's got great high end power and great for modding, but low end gets a lil weak. proly due to the loss of back pressure.
    since we all got autos, it's very noticable. it's not as much in a stick shift. but i guess if u're gonna race more than stop light to stop light, it'll make the engine alot more free reving.

go with all new headers to exhaust tip
    95 C220 Moonstone/Gray mb-tex
    MODS
    - Replica Avantgarde Grill
    - Flat hood Emblem
    - Plat +4 plugs
    - In Dash Pioneer CD and pioneer speakers
    - XM Radio
    - pioneer 12\" DVC Sub
    - Boss amp
    - Blue headlights & APC signals
    - H&R Springs