Thread: ***Removing wood trim?***

***Removing wood trim?***

i would like to remove the wood trim so i can paint it to my car color or just black.

i know how to remover the center console and the face for the air condition controls and radio. but what i dont know how to remove is the trim on the DOORS and the trim on the top of the dash ( the thin long piece of wood)

pleasr
    1997 C 280
    1984 190D 2.2 5 SPD!!
    1995 E300 Diesel * RIP*
    2003 C230K Coupe...Sold!

To remove the trim on the doors, you must remove the door panels. Once you have the door panel off the door it is pretty easy to see what to do from there. Just gotta remove those little circle clips and then the wood pops out. DO NOT attempt to pry the wood off the door without removing the door panel. You will more than likely break the piece, or at least crack it.

To remove the long bow piece, pry up gently on the far right end... it will pop out a little bit and then you slide the whole piece to the right and it should come out. Might need to work at it a little bit. Just be careful not to bend it too far.
    1999 C280 Sport - 80K

Glacier White/Ash Leather/Burlwood

As far as I know, there are some slips like the key hole shape to hold that trim in place. Anyone here can supply some photos or some drawings from the user manual to give more indications.
    Currently I am working on laying some CF on the wood trim and I did purchase the whole package from the junk yard. The guys there dissembled the whole instrument panel and unscrewed the nuts from inside the panel. In the real case, it is impossible to take the whole instrument panel out.