Thread: Trunk won't open!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Trunk won't open!

I have 2000 C280 Sport. My trunk won't open with any method. I don't even hear the trunk releasing or unlatching. My remote won't open it. The pull tab on the center console won't open it. Even when all the doors are unlocked, the trunk push button on the key hole won't open it. What can be wrong? Has anyone experienced this before? I check all the fuses and they are fine. I would try and use my key but the trunk key hole is so corroded that my key won't even fit in the key hole. I bought the car with the trunk key hole in that condition and I don't think the trunk was ever open manually with a key before. Need help

Hi. Sorry if i an at the wrong thread but i am a total newbie with forums. My c230 trunk is very loose and doesnt close well. Is it a lock problem or will i be able to adjust something? Sorry if i am overstepping any bounderies here. I truly mean no disrespect.

In Charge
    Quote Originally Posted by Johan1981 View Post
    Hi. Sorry if i an at the wrong thread but i am a total newbie with forums. My c230 trunk is very loose and doesnt close well. Is it a lock problem or will i be able to adjust something? Sorry if i am overstepping any bounderies here. I truly mean no disrespect.
    If the trunk is loose, then I would think it is a lock problem. They are pretty heavy, so should stay in place when closed.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci