Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speakers, Ohms, amplifiers ITT!!!! Please help me!

The new ones were about $45-50 each speaker, from Bose. They arent rubber, but some silicone type material all around.

If yours arent damaged leave them...wont make a difference, these can outlast the whole car.
    99 C43 AMG
    99 C230 Kompressor

I'll leave mine till they go south, and I suppose I'll find out after I hook this amp up tomorrow. That is the firm deadline for it, and I'll post my final setup and results tomorrow evening. If I do kill them though it is good to know there is an attractive alternative out there. Though powering them will once again become a concern.

I suppose if I somehow kill the speakers, but not them amp then I'll just cough up the dough for new speakers and custom made adapters for them to mount to. I'd rather not spend the cash on it. The car has 175k miles and I'll likely add a newer E class to my driveway to replace it when I get out of Uni this semester. I plan on always having this car though as it represents my first love for the "three stars" Plus everything about the car is solid as a rock (Bose amp not withstanding) so I might even drive it for a few more years before adding another one to the herd.
    1998 C280(stock), 2000 Honda Prelude(project), 1996 Explorer(180k miles still truckin)

C55 Charter Member
    awesome info already; nothing worth adding from me.

One thing I can do -- now I'm not sure when I'll be able to -- is to use my AudioToolbox to measure the impedance at the rear connector across the frequency spectrum reflected back to the amp. This way we'll all know exactly what the amp sees through-out the frequency range. Can't get to it this weekend; hope next.

Originally posted by c55m8o

One thing I can do -- now I'm not sure when I'll be able to -- is to use my AudioToolbox to measure the impedance at the rear connector across the frequency spectrum reflected back to the amp. This way we'll all know exactly what the amp sees through-out the frequency range.
    This would be awesome. I have been trying to find this out for quite awhile but lack the tools to do it.

It is supposed to snow here this evening or tonight sometime. I may or may not put that amp in. Just depends on how much daylight I have left after class and how cold it gets.

Edit: Well I'm in the middle of installing the amp, but my bose harness is not quite what adamsry posted earlier. It actually fit this description. I used Adamsry's speaker labeling diagram and paired it up with the schematic to determine the coloring for each speaker. ( http://www.club202.com/forums/editpo...&postid=144027 )
    Also I found this good ouline for routing the source wires to the head unit ( http://www.club202.com/forums/showth...ht=amp+install )
    1998 C280(stock), 2000 Honda Prelude(project), 1996 Explorer(180k miles still truckin)