Thread: Fitting New Leather Seats And Door Cards

Fitting New Leather Seats And Door Cards

Hi im going to retrofit a leather interior into my 202 which currently has cloth. They are not electric seats which should make it easier. Can anyne tell me how long it would take and how easy it is?

thanks

lmao dont even bother with it, get it pro detailed and sell it, and buy 1 with all the nooks
    Theres a demon in my car i tell yah....its name is KOMPRESSOR lmfao

what exactly is pro detailing?

Reason im doing it? If i could get a good used low milage 202 with leather I would, but there are not many of these where I come from, whereas i could buy a used leather interiorfor about €300 and retrofit it into a good low milage cloth car.

whoppppppps i didn't read your post correctly, the rear seats aren't that hard, might be tricky for the fronts.

kATZSKINS

I forgot what tools you need to do this
    Theres a demon in my car i tell yah....its name is KOMPRESSOR lmfao

I think the others who have replied have misread your question. There are 4 bolts for the front seats, 2 in the front and 2 in the rear. What you have to do is take the seats all the way back to access the front and then all the way forward to access the rear. You will then have to unbolt the seat belt. Be careful as you remove the seat from the car as it can be fiddly to take out. When refitting the new seats just bolt everything back into place.

For the rear, near the corner of the seat base are two retaining metal clips, you have to click these in before the seat comes away. Make sure that you push the rear seat belts through the holes and then carefully remove the base from the car. You will see 3 bolts, one in the centre and 2 either side - left and right which hold the rear back rest in place. Undo these and then feed the seatbelt around the backrest while pulling it upward to release it from the car, again this is fiddly but you will get the idea when you've done it once.

Once removed, the new back rest needs to sit in the holes in the top and then line up with the bolt holes at the bottom. If everything is done correctly all of the holes should line up.

Your best bet is dronsfields directly (they are based in Oldham, in the North West of England) or ebay uk. There are a few sets on ebay germany but these are a helluva lot more expensive than getting one shipped across from within the UK.
    You never had me, you never had your car