Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nitrous ?

nitrous ?

this ? is for the people who have nitrous in there cars.

I need to now is it better to shift the car manually why using nitrous or is it better to just leave it in drive

also when using the nitrous should i turn the traction control off

Cru328prod will know.

need a lot more informatin about your particular nitrous application-

what actuates it (turns it on and off?) when is it set or programmed to be on? where are you injecting it? how large of a shot? when do you use it? etc. etc.

that said- it is very likely you should let the car do the shifting and it is very likely you should have your tc "full-off" when using it. As in, fuse pulled or a switch wired in to go truly full off like i have. You do not want the tc coming on in any way with anything extra being injected (anythng not controlled by the stock ecu)
    fast C43
    G35x
    Tahoe
    daily driver is a bicycle

i have a venom vcn-1000 nitrous kit with a 50 hp shot.

how it works is its hooked to the fuel injectors so that when the nitrous is shot the computer will tell the injectors to send more fuel based on how much nitrous is sent.

so you where talking about how you made a switch do you have pic and if you could explain a little more that would be a big help

also its in a 1999 c230k

I am not familiar with that kit- do you know how it actually tells the computer to send extra fuel? Does it wire into the maf wire? or something more complex?

what tells the nitrous to turn on or off? rpms? wot?

i'll post some pics sometime soon to help you completely turn your esp/abs off from the drivers seat.
    fast C43
    G35x
    Tahoe

the kit hooks up to the fuel injectors, oxygen sensor, and wot wire

i am pretty sure that it is activated by the wot position , and it is montiered by a air/fuel ration gauge

and if the car ever runs lean the unit will shut the nitrous off

the kit includes a wideband o2 sensor?

do you have a link to your kit somewhere- maybe installation instructions?
    fast C43
    G35x
    Tahoe

ok here is a site that tell all about it

http://www.sportcompactonly.com/manu...tallmanual.pdf -

so tell me what you think about that

i briefly read it- will look into it more in a bit.

my initial questions are- do you have an appropriate tps sensor? also, how does it "pulse" the injectors to get more fuel?

Does your car have a different throttle system than mine?

i may give that company a call- as some of the things that kit is supposed to do may have interesting applications to things i'm working on as well.

also, it won't shut off when it's out of "tune" it will just blink red at you... You will have to be vigilant and i would HIGHLY recommend adding a seperate wideband sensor (tapping into the stock like this isn't real accurate)

-drew
    fast C43
    G35x
    Tahoe

all i know is from the nitrous head unit i plugged the 4 wire into the the negative side of the fuel injectors

and for the tps are cars have 5 wires so i tapped ever one to find the one that would give me the readings as listed below

3.7.1 Throttle Position Sensor (Also See Appendix A/C)
    Note: Refer to the vehicle specific wiring instructions to obtain the proper wire
    color codes for your vehicle or use the digital volt-ohm meter and the
    procedure below.
    Locate the Gray wire with the YELLOW heat shrink tubing on the end. This wire will be
    connected to the output of the vehicles Throttle Position Sensor (TPS). The TPS will be
    located on the throttle body on the opposite side of the throttle linkage. The sensor is
    usually a three-wire sensor. The output wire will usually have between .5-1.2 volts at
    closed throttle and 3.5-4.75 volts at wide-open throttle (some European vehicles are
    different, refer to appendix A). Using the digital volt-ohm-meter (VOM), check the
    voltage on each wire of the TPS with the ignition in the ON position and the engine OFF.
    One wire will be ground (0 Volts). One wire will be near 5 volts (DO NOT CONNECT TO
    THIS WIRE) while the other will be the output wire. Probe the wire while manually
    opening the throttle (have an assistant press the accelerator pedal). The voltage should
    increase proportionate to throttle angle. Using the blue splice, tap into the OUTPUT wire
    and plug the Gray wire with the YELLOW heat shrink onto the splice until it is fully
    seated.

so where should i start then

ok- good to know you've already found a tps that "behaves" itself as needed.

I don't understand the inner workings of a fuel injector well enough to really comment on how the box "pulses" the injectors through their grounds... However, i'm interested enough in that i am going to look into it a bit and try to figure it out. So far as what you're doing i see no reason you havent installed it correctly/that it won't work as designed.

so far as the stability control junk-

you need (this is for my c43 but should be similar):

2 fuse taps
    1 blown fuse
    1 inline fuse holder
    1 "safety switch"
    enough wire to mount your switch where desired

replace fuse "16" with the blown fuse with a fuse tap on BOTH sides. Attach your wires to the taps with the inline fuse holder and wire to your switch.

this will allow you to turn off the trac control and stability control with the flip of a switch (same as pulling the fuse).

it's sort of too bad that you have to also turn off abs to do this- but i can live with it.

Do this absolutely at your own risk! I have no idea how it may effect the systems involved long term nor can i be responsible for anyones driving in any way with those things switched off.

if you don't do that and you get into a situation where the esp interferes your nitrous WILL otherwise not stop injecting.

I will try to let you know what i learn about the injector "pulsing" thing and how it works.

Lastly, i would highly recommend you get a "real" "wideband" o2 sensor on the car so that as you move from the smallest to larger "shots" you will actually know that your a/f ratios are correct. I would not feel comfortable with just what is included in that kit. I am running an NGK AFX wideband.

btw- how much did you spend on that kit?

-drew
    fast C43
    G35x
    Tahoe

the whole kit with an empty bottle cost me $549.99

so on that switch you just ran wires from the fuss box (#16 fuss) to a switch that you turned on and off

it you could post pics that would be great

sorry for thread jacking,
    but expo hows ur wideband going? how lean were u running it originally and what sorta a/r ratios u geting it to now?
    i installed my wideband few days ago and its working good as, needa get my bigger injectors in tho, leaning out a bit up top
    -Logan-

i'm actually just finishing up a ton of work on the interior of the car right now- then plan on getting out and trying to tune over the next month or so. It's just getting to where the roads are clean here. I believe i am going to need larger injectors- what are you using? do you know if the ford injectors will work?

I'll post pics of my current work tomorrow or so.

I read up on the way this adds fuel etc.- and again i'd highly recommend you run a wideband and make sure it is working properly etc.. It's sort of a dumb system and it may not work ideally, but it should do the trick (i'd just be sure to be able to keep an eye on it)

-drew
    fast C43
    G35x
    Tahoe

yea widebands are a good investment for a system like this but are quite expensive around the $300 mark,
    if you can get all the fuel calculations right u should be alright without a wideband tho, just dont run her lean on nos or ul melt pistons.

drew
    yea ford injectors should work (bosch injectors)
    standard the c280 has 200cc injectors, and i bought some 310cc injectors, there out of a mustang v8, i got 8 of them so i have 2 spare, i think the guy was upgrading, got them off ebay $100.
    yea i will also be tuning over the coming weeks. i have a bosch injector file that lists all the types etc if u want me to email it to ya/
    the new injectors i have are a bit longer so i have to space out the fuel rail slightly (prolly use washers)
    -Logan-

i have the green tops- can you confirm they are the same as the ford green tops then? and their flow rate?

I need to try to calculate the injector size that will be close to exactly right if at all possible.

-drew
    fast C43
    G35x
    Tahoe

i dont know what green top means? im not sure if they are colour coded? well my table doesnt have colours on it
    but if you have the bosch part number it is easy to tell
    -Logan-

ah, yeah- the ford ones are normally referred to be color. I can work on my part number.

-drew
    fast C43
    G35x
    Tahoe

How much is the whole NO2 setup? And much HP does it actually give you? Thanks
    2000 C23K Sport / Custom Magnaflow Exhaust / H7 6000k HIDs / Zimmerman Cross Drilled Rotors / Real CF B Pillars & CF Spoiler / Smoked LED Tails / H&R / Bilstein / V1 Radar/Laser Detector

$600-$2000

35-200 actual hp and a bit more tq

I would plan on spending $1k and getting 75 hp on a 280/230 or the same and 100-125 on a C43
    fast C43
    G35x
    Tahoe

Whats the difference between wet and dry shots? Any other type of shots i dont know about?
    2000 C23K Sport / Custom Magnaflow Exhaust / H7 6000k HIDs / Zimmerman Cross Drilled Rotors / Real CF B Pillars & CF Spoiler / Smoked LED Tails / H&R / Bilstein / V1 Radar/Laser Detector

how the additional fuel needed is added to the engine
    fast C43
    G35x
    Tahoe

Whats the difference between how there added?

Originally posted by C230KSPORT00
    How much is the whole NO2 setup? And much HP does it actually give you? Thanks

$400 at 75hp you can feel
    Jeff

What a dull world it would be if we were all clones......

nx wet shot!? what kit exactly? how is it working for you?

more pics of how you have it plumbed?
    fast C43
    G35x
    Tahoe