Thread: Installing bumper with fogs on a pre-update?

Installing bumper with fogs on a pre-update?

Im looking to install a c36 bumper, but Im not sure how to go about installing the fogs (HID kit). I have a c220 95' so it never had fogs.

How can I connect the fogs to my headlight etc?

Can someome give me some advice. Im definitely taking it to a shop to get it done, but I need to know what to tell them to do.

Thanks

im not sure about the 95's but your OEM headlights may have foglights built into them now, see if you can take their feed and use it for the bumper fogs. that way they are wired safe and use your OEM foglight switch.

turn your light ON by twisting the knob all the way to the right, then pull it towards you once, that activates your fogs. see if it activates ANYTHING in your headlights now.

if not, you may have to find some other way. that is how I had my aftermarket fogs wired.
    white 97' C230 (sold)
    white 94' C280 (sold)
    white 98' C43 (sold)
    Tektite 03' E55 (sold)
    Black 86' Porsche 951 (sold)
    Black 98' C43 (sold)
    Emerald Black 97' C36 (current)
    Black 04' E55 (wife's current)

Originally posted by RemoLexi
    im not sure about the 95's but your OEM headlights may have foglights built into them now, see if you can take their feed and use it for the bumper fogs. that way they are wired safe and use your OEM foglight switch.

turn your light ON by twisting the knob all the way to the right, then pull it towards you once, that activates your fogs. see if it activates ANYTHING in your headlights now.

if not, you may have to find some other way. that is how I had my aftermarket fogs wired.
    heyy thanks for the reply. I forgot to tell you I recieved the spring pads as well havent installed them yet though haha

Hmm im actually using the aftermarket projector headlamps right now. It does activate the fogs in my headlight when I do turn the fog switch on. but if I remember correctly, the way the MB headlight works is its a big square attached to another big square with all the wires in it. Going to have to figure out how to "steal" the feed.

OG Moderator
    Try P/N 202 540 21 07, they should come as a pair. I think this is it anyways.. please double check before you order. the dealer will be able to tell you what they are for sure.
    but Im almost sure these are used in the C43 front bumper kit.. to connect the headlight harness to the fog lights. you remove a pin from the headlight harness, put it into this harness I just quoted and run the wires down to the fogs. this way they still work with the fog light switch. all OEM!!

anyone confirm that the P/N I quoted is indeed the fog light harness's??
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

Originally posted by SLAMMED_C
    Try P/N 202 540 21 07, they should come as a pair. I think this is it anyways.. please double check before you order. the dealer will be able to tell you what they are for sure.
    but Im almost sure these are used in the C43 front bumper kit.. to connect the headlight harness to the fog lights. you remove a pin from the headlight harness, put it into this harness I just quoted and run the wires down to the fogs. this way they still work with the fog light switch. all OEM!!

anyone confirm that the P/N I quoted is indeed the fog light harness's??
    Oh wow. Thanks a bunch.
    Im still a little confused as to how to wire everything tho. Isnt the headlight bascially a large square plug that you plug into the 4 pins?

Can someone confirm this P/N for me please.

Thank you.

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by sensoryx
    Oh wow. Thanks a bunch.
    Im still a little confused as to how to wire everything tho. Isnt the headlight bascially a large square plug that you plug into the 4 pins?

Can someone confirm this P/N for me please.

Thank you.
    yeh basically the headlight plug is a 4 or 5 pin connector. you just open the connector, remove the wire for the fog light in the harness and put it into the added fog light harness. so the fog in the headlight will no longer work.... or you can splice into the wire from the headlight plug for the fog and then run the foglight harness down, so you dont lose the fog light in the headlight. up to you.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

--18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions! really appreciate it.
    I found this picture over at mbworld.org

Is this the part that I need?

the numbers on the tag.. is that the P/N number?

OG Moderator
    those are indeed the parts you need.

So I the P/N should be:

202 540 21 07

what is the 22.01.97 for on the tag?

p.s. did you get your fogs yet for your brabus bumper? Cause I picked up a set thinking I was going to get the brabus bumper, but decided to go c36.

haha it was funny cause Jason was telling me about another Canadian picking up a bumper from him. Did u get it from him?

OG Moderator
    umm.. looks to me that 22.01.97 is a production date or something.. nothing to do with the part number.

I am indeed that other canadian that picked up the Brabus bumper!! and no I have not yet gotten the Hella fogs.. did you get the Hella 450 series?.. maybe we can work a deal!

The Modfather
    Thats my picture

Check my C43 HOWTO thread (on here)

The last line is the date.

Originally posted by BBW
    Thats my picture

Check my C43 HOWTO thread (on here)

The last line is the date.
    Thanks that was a great tutorial. I meant to send you a PM on mbworld or mbclub.co.uk but I was too lazy to log into my account there. haha
    I might need to shoot you a PM and ask you a few more questions though.

Originally posted by SLAMMED_C
    umm.. looks to me that 22.01.97 is a production date or something.. nothing to do with the part number.

I am indeed that other canadian that picked up the Brabus bumper!! and no I have not yet gotten the Hella fogs.. did you get the Hella 450 series?.. maybe we can work a deal!
    Yup I have the Hella 450 series
    Ill send you a PM with some details