Thread: "Euro" lights quality?

"Euro" lights quality?

I sent out a few PM's on this but not many replies back, and yes, I did search but not enough info came back so be kind. lol

Anyway, for those of you with the Euro style projector lights that are on eBay etc., with the slanted look reflectors, how's the quality after living with them for a while? Specifically...
    a) Do they let water/moisture in and fog up? Especially for those of you living in wetter areas, I'm in Oregon for the time being.
    b) Do they literally fit right in using the same attachment points, the ads always say some models may require modification. I have a '99c230.
    c) Do they retain the hi/low and fogs in the unit? Which bulb is the fog?

Finally, I heard there are different makers, some cheap taiwan/China ones and others that are better. Who did you buy from, seller ID if on eBay?

Thanks for the info guys!
    Click to see pics of my
    \'99 c230 Kompressor (Brilliant Silver)
    \'04 Porsche Cayenne S

Well, I cant really tell you which brand is which, I had bought a set of projectors and I really wasnt happy with the quality at all, even though the lenses were made of glass, it broke quite easy after a few stone chips. Anyway, I now bought a set of crystal clear ones now, because the light quality of the pj's is also shitty, but I havent gotten around to installing them yet, maybe this month. So I cant really tell you much about my second set. On BOTH my headlight sets, the regulators were broken / defective (talkin' about hard luck) but I got a refund on the clear ones + plus I managed to fix them (thanx PayPal), so make sure the first thing to test as soon as you receive them are the regulators. Other than that you are better off with the OEM ones.
    Jim
    >> My white Greek merC

Thanks

Thanks, I appreciate your advice on quality as opposed to just how they look. I want something that isn't a waste of money/time/effort.

Looking forward to what others have experienced also.

Btw, I remember your car from when I first joined club202, nice work.
    Click to see pics of my
    \'04 Porsche Cayenne S

I bought mine off E-Bay from a company in Germany and i'm well impressed with them. Not had the issues others have had with condensation etc and they were basically a straight swap (mine had the corner indicators built in as well). Over-all i'm well impressed with them.

If you'd like (and it's allowed here) i'll post a link to their E-Bay store. Just let me know.

Yeah if you could post the link (I believe it's allowed) or PM me details. How long have you had them on your car?
    Thanks!
    Click to see pics of my
    \'04 Porsche Cayenne S

Sorry for the delay, been away for a while. The E-bay link for their online shop is - http://stores.ebay.co.uk/fly-design-bremen I've had them fitted to my car for a few months now and they look great and give a much better visibility than the OEM ones. The company in germany is called Fly Design Bremen and they are an absolute pleasure to deal with. Mine arrived so quickly I was amazed at how fast their shipping is.

Incidentally, I posted a pic of mine on this thread on Club202 - http://www.club202.com/forums/showth...hreadid=15006.

I just need to replace the Star Grille with an Avantegarde one now coz i'm not too fussed on the Sport one. You need to scroll down to the silver 202.