Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Black Projector Headlights.. *PICS*

OG Moderator

My Black Projector Headlights.. *PICS*

Okay gents.. Ive finally installed my Black Housing Projector Headlights.. Ive had these things in my room for probably a year!! finally got off my ass and put them in!
    Decided at the same time I should do HID since my oem headlights had a mercedes xenon ballast/bulb set in them. I must say I do like the Xenon/HID look. so I did an HID kit as well.. went with 8000K H1 Low beam bulbs.. looks sweet!
    I need to adjust them though.. aimed too low!!.. found that out when I was driving tonight!
    anyways.. enjoy the pics:

And I also had a chance to test fit my BRABUS bumper with EOM pre updated bumper support holding it all in place!
    took a quick snap of it:
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

Look great! nice job
    2000 C23K Sport / Custom Magnaflow Exhaust / H7 6000k HIDs / Zimmerman Cross Drilled Rotors / Real CF B Pillars & CF Spoiler / Smoked LED Tails / H&R / Bilstein / V1 Radar/Laser Detector

damm that looks good
    Mercedes
    Engineers
    Racecars
    Carfully
    Economically
    Drivability
    Even
    Safety

lookin good.
    1999 C230 Kompressor Sport, 197
    The modding has started. Too many to list. Stay Tuned.

That bumper looks really good. I wonder what one of our cars would look like completely in that flat primer white.
    1998 c280 (WHITE)
    Kenwood Excelon KDC- X579 Head
    KAC iP500 Ipod Interface
    2 Kenwood KCF-w3012 1500Watt 12\" Subs
    Sony GTR2002 1200 Watt Amp
    More Mods To Come

beautiful car man, hats off. where did you buy the black housing projector headlights ?

OG Moderator
    thanks for all the positive feedback guys.. my car is finally coming together after so long! just been in pieces and things half finished for years.

I got the headlights from ebay actually.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

--18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

Great job! Do you plan to upgrade the rear tail lights with the LEDs one from Ebay?

Originally posted by SLAMMED_C
    thanks for all the positive feedback guys.. my car is finally coming together after so long! just been in pieces and things half finished for years.

I got the headlights from ebay actually.
    95 E34 540i Sport
    95 SL600
    97 DC2R
    98 C43
    98 SL500
    01 DC2R
    02 DC5S
    05 RAM Hemi
    05 Camry SE

ugh i wish my car was black
    Theres a demon in my car i tell yah....its name is KOMPRESSOR lmfao

Damn cant wait to see it with the brabus bumper painted very nice
    1998 C230k Classic Edition

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by Lordkoo
    Great job! Do you plan to upgrade the rear tail lights with the LEDs one from Ebay?
    2 years ago i had purchased a set of LED tails for my car off german ebay.. but the lights got returned back to the sender in germany with damage.. so they had to refund my money and I have not seen any I like since.
    if I do find a set i like i will for sure get them.

Originally posted by cru23328prod
    ugh i wish my car was black
    040 is the colour to be man.. I'm 040 for life.

Originally posted b y Heinz
    Damn cant wait to see it with the brabus bumper painted very nice
    Me either! hopefully it wont take me too long to get it all sorted out.

wow, you and i should meet, because we have the exact same exterior. mine's a 00 23k

i've had those on since 06 though, and no HID kit since there is a sticker on the inside of those housings that says "do not use hids"

that's the second time this month, first dokotela comes out with his black beauty, now this. all this time i thought i was the only one with those lights

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by soldier
    wow, you and i should meet, because we have the exact same car

i've had those on since 06 though, and no HID kit since there is a sticker on the inside of those housings that says "do not use hids"
    whoa.. another T. guy! the same car huh.. what you got done to yours? hmmm.. do you live off of bayview, just south of steeles?? i think ive seen your car before.
    yeh
    i saw that warning too.. but im not paying attention to it!

ya i used to live at bayview/steeles, now im at bayview/eglinton

my car's in the paintshop getting a whole body paintjob right now, should be another week or so. go cruising after? haha

OG Moderator
    ya i used to live at bayview/steeles, now im at bayview/eglinton

my car's in the paintshop getting a whole body paintjob right now, should be another week or so. go cruising after? haha
    Ive definitely seen your car then (when you lived at bayview/steeles)
    how come youre getting it repainted? just want fresh paint? rust?
    I got my car repainted (except for roof) cause of a bunch of rust, and an unwanted meeting with a concrete median in the winter! didnt turn out as nice as i liked, but its good. Im going to be repainting my car again the future.. flat black. so as long as it looks pretty good now im happy.
    yeh we should meet up sometime for a cruise.. get some other w202's to join as well!

i saw that warning too.. but im not paying attention to it!
    Hrm... thanks for blinding oncoming traffic.

Ive definitely seen your car then (when you lived at bayview/steeles)
    how come youre getting it repainted? just want fresh paint? rust?
    I got my car repainted (except for roof) cause of a bunch of rust, and an unwanted meeting with a concrete median in the winter! didnt turn out as nice as i liked, but its good. Im going to be repainting my car again the future.. flat black. so as long as it looks pretty good now im happy.
    yeh we should meet up sometime for a cruise.. get some other w202's to join as well!
    im getting it repainted because coincidentally i also ran into a certain immobile object ie. a traffic light pole last winter. plus there was some rust so it was a good opportunity to get it all done

the night of disaster

a few days later

the emblem and grille have since changed to flat and blackout respectively

flat black would look crazy

which area are you in? i've never seen your car before

Nice projectors man in fact they are the same ones i got or had. . . . Im thinking bout puttin another pair in but the first pair didnt sit as well as yours do but on the other hand I wasnt the one who put them in. How did you get yours to sit so well? Also how hard was the HID install? Thanks

Looks good. Where did you source the bumper and how much if you dont mind me asking?

OG Moderator
    im getting it repainted because coincidentally i also ran into a certain immobile object ie. a traffic light pole last winter. plus there was some rust so it was a good opportunity to get it all done

the emblem and grille have since changed to flat and blackout respectively

flat black would look crazy

which area are you in? i've never seen your car before
    That sucks brother.. looks as good as new though.
    I live in the bayview and john area.. I pass by steeles and also eglinton every day!

Originally posted by Testro87
    Nice projectors man in fact they are the same ones i got or had. . . . Im thinking bout puttin another pair in but the first pair didnt sit as well as yours do but on the other hand I wasnt the one who put them in. How did you get yours to sit so well? Also how hard was the HID install? Thanks
    Mine dont sit that perfect either.. there the corner lights are. they dont line up perfect with the fender edge.. but what can I do.. they still look awesome!

Originally posted by griplimited
    Looks good. Where did you source the bumper and how much if you dont mind me asking?
    thanks! its a replica bumper.. I got it from Fellow member 714guy. I believe he has none left though.
    dont remember what it was.. there is a thread in here somewhere about them!

so those lights aren't fitting very well on the outside corners right?
    fast C43
    G35x
    Tahoe
    daily driver is a bicycle

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by expo5.0
    so those lights aren't fitting very well on the outside corners right?
    no they dont fit well on the outside corners like the OEM corners do.. its not that bad, but they still arent perfect.

those one piece light definitly suit a black car the most!...looking good with that brabus front too =)

I dropped that intake flange in with my flywheel last week,called today but they still havent had time to give me a price!,will let you know when they do!
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by 23K
    those one piece light definitly suit a black car the most!...looking good with that brabus front too =)

I dropped that intake flange in with my flywheel last week,called today but they still havent had time to give me a price!,will let you know when they do!
    Yeh I have to agree with you man.. they do look good on a black car!!
    gotta finish up that brabus front and get it on! I think its goona look ill.
    good!.. PLEASE let me know a price!!
    Im working on a reply too.. add a bit every day!

Looks nice, I almost got a set of those myself, but I heard that they were a pain in the ass to align and that the Swedish athority didn´t aprove with them :-(

I got these instead, unfortnatly I lost the matching cornors on the road.

2004 E200T Kompressor 359 tansanitblau
    1996 C230 Kompressor 189 Smaragdschwarz
    1992 300TE-24 249 Mallachit
    1987 190E 702 Rauchsilber
    1984 190 568 Signalrot