Thread: License Pla Te / Chp 11-99

License Plate / Chp 11-99

Does anyone know how much this license plate holder cost? Someone in MYMB is tryin to sell me this CHP 11-99 plate holder for $400..

Those license frames are issued to people that donate at least $1,800 or more to the CHP 11-99 foundation. In return you get a special badge plaque, membership card, and the frame. The saying goes, If you get pulled over by a CHP Officer, they will let you go without giving you a ticket, but you must have the membership card in your possession.

Most of the time you see the frames only on really expensive vehicles. If you see them on a cheap looking car then you know he stole it or bought it from someone.

I have seen them sold on Ebay sometimes for $40 to $80 ....very rare.

Here is the 11-99 foundation link..

http://www.chp11-99.org/index.htm

And link to an article by Stuff....

http://zo-d.com/stuff/automotive/119...orruption.html

And Ebay auction for 1 frame....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/11-99...WDVWQQtcZphoto

So if I bought this frame w/o the membership card with me then I can get into more trouble with the assholes in uniforms... right?

Not really because they would never know if you are a current member or past member....You can always tell them you lost it.
    The frame is more of a status symbol for rich people. Sometimes a CHP officer will pass up on your vehicle if he sees the frame.
    I wouldn't pay more than $30 for it.

That's what I'm saying.. not more than it should be.

Originally posted by JRE320
    So if I bought this frame w/o the membership card with me then I can get into more trouble with the assholes in uniforms... right?
    Jun,
    You must have had a very bad ass-bangin'
    experience from these folks to say such a
    generalized statement.

Originally posted by hvmercy
    Jun,
    You must have had a very bad ass-bangin'
    experience from these folks to say such a
    generalized statement.
    You can say that again. I don't have any respect to all of them.

You can say that again. I don't have any respect to all of them.
    +1
    95 black on black c280
    drop in K$N filter
    16\" e class wheels
    tinted windows
    c36 front lip
    integrated phone

People slang fakes for like $50...

Is it even worth it to get the fake without the membership card? Anyone have personal experience with one of these plates? whether legit or fake.

hahahha... that is so true... they just want money.... I have seen a decent assholes in uniforms yet.
    95 E34 540i Sport
    95 SL600
    97 DC2R
    98 C43
    98 SL500
    01 DC2R
    02 DC5S
    05 RAM Hemi
    05 Camry SE

Originally posted by griplimited
    Is it even worth it to get the fake without the membership card? Anyone have personal experience with one of these plates? whether legit or fake.
    Well, it could work both ways. Yes, it might keep a CHP officer from even pulling you over, but if you do get pulled over, you better think of a valid excuse when he asks for your membership badge.

Originally posted by OCKlasse
    Well, it could work both ways. Yes, it might keep a CHP officer from even pulling you over, but if you do get pulled over, you better think of a valid excuse when he asks for your membership badge.
    That's what I'm tryin to say. W/o a valid excuse then you are in trouble with these assholesssssss.....

DOOOOOOO THEY HAVE ONE LIKE THAT IN PA, NY, OR NJ?
    Theres a demon in my car i tell yah....its name is KOMPRESSOR lmfao

How long these memberships last? Way I see it, I should of got this from the first day I got my license. I've had two tickets now since I turned 25. I'm working on going to traffic school on the last one. So it'll just be the one. I dont intentionally speed, I just work far and commute like a mother.

I think it's a year membership....but they have a lifetime one too.