Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: trying to be a little different

In Charge
    Keep it civil guys......
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

you people are crazy! LOL

it looks shithouse in my opinion but each to their own, well done on trying something different!
    My Car - http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9219&perpage=15&pagenum ber=4

Custom Painted, Shaved Door handles, Chrome 20\'s, Slammed, Soundstream Stereo, Avantgarde Grill,

Team Illusiv - Street to Elite - Australia\'s Premier online Car Show team.

Originally posted by rman
    stop defending your butt lover and start making sense. You may have learned more about the history of MB but you still can't get a point across or... just make sense in general..
    lol i laughed at this ....lmao

Originally posted by lamf
    what do you expect when some kid puts an R on his trunk after breaking his center emblem.
    C230 Kompressor and Racing do not go together
    well if you knew the history of the emblem you would know that the circle on the emblem on some cars wasn't there. as for the R i was just putting it on to see what it would look like. if people was to read my comments you would see my original plan was to put the K on and was also going to put the S to say c230 ks .

as for being a 41 year old kid thanks for the comment

and section 8 i see you can spell the bad words correct

99 C230 KOMPRESSOR SPORT (SOLD)
    98 C43 AMG (SOLD)

wasnt that before the 1930s
    C36
    87 190E 2.3-16 Cosworth- EFI conversion, Mosselman turbo headers, Garret, LC1, Megasquirt, 95A susp. bushings, evo2 rear sway, 300te front sway, brass shifter bushings, Sportline wheel, Euros, C36 calipers, Monos, Billy sports, Jamex/H&Rs
    86 190E 2.3-16 Cosworth- Eaton SC, Mosselman piggyback, BBS Mahles, Euros, H&Rs, Koni adjustables, sportline wheel, 300te front sway, 300te end links

Yep thay merged in 1926
    Mercedes
    Engineers
    Racecars
    Carfully
    Economically
    Drivability
    Even
    Safety

The 'Mercedes' name was registered right back in 1902, but at that time there was no logo or trademark to accompany it. The idea for the 'Star' logo came when Paul and Adolf Daimler, the two sons of the company's founder (and then in charge of the business), remembered that their father had once used a star symbol in his family correspondence.

Their father, Gottlieb Daimler, had been technical director of the Deutz gas engine factory from 1872 until 1881. At the beginning of his employment there, he had marked a star above his own house on a picture postcard of Cologne and Deutz, and had written to his wife that this star would one day shine over his own factory to symbolize prosperity.

In June 1909 the company registered both three-pointed and four-pointed stars as trademarks. Although both designs were legally protected, only the three-pointed star was ever used. From 1910 onwards it began to appear at the front of the cars as a design feature on the radiator.

The three points of the star were supposed to represent Daimler's ambition of universal motorization: "on land, on water and in the air".

Over the years the logo evolved, to include the 'Benz' laurel wreath, and then, in 1923, the three-pointed star enclosed in a circle was registered as a trademark.

Since then it has changed little, and is now a powerful symbol and integral part of the Mercedes-Benz

98 C43 AMG (SOLD)

In Charge
    Originally posted by Logic
    Since then it has changed little, and is now a powerful symbol and integral part of the Mercedes-Benz
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

if logic can get away with putting R.....i'm putting Brabus emblems on my 230k........btw does anyone know if the w203 emblems fit on w202s?
    Theres a demon in my car i tell yah....its name is KOMPRESSOR lmfao

Originally posted by Cru328prod
    if logic can get away with putting R.....i'm putting Brabus emblems on my 230k........btw does anyone know if the w203 emblems fit on w202s?
    Get off it, Brabus is a 'Tuner" , they sell tuner parts for MB and others, they do have a V12 specific vehicle but they also sell parts for tuning vehicles to the public
    Jeff

What a dull world it would be if we were all clones......

huh?

huh?
    It's the Brabus reference
    Jeff

I'm on board for adding the "k" emblem simply because it makes more sense, but as others have said do whatever you feel like doing to your car. I have never liked the star missing the ring on newer cars and to be honest it wasn't until a couple of days ago that I realized it was intentional. I always just assumed someone tried to steal the star and only the ring popped off. Not a convincing argument to keep it. I do think it's cool that it is "historically accurate" so F-it, do what you like.
    Click to see pics of my
    \'99 c230 Kompressor (Brilliant Silver)
    \'04 Porsche Cayenne S

but i have the monoblock reps......thats makes me cool right?

but i have the monoblock reps......thats makes me cool right?
    That makes you ....YOU...
    Jeff

Originally posted by Benzalot
    Get off it, Brabus is a 'Tuner" , they sell tuner parts for MB and others, they do have a V12 specific vehicle but they also sell parts for tuning vehicles to the public
    i think you should do brabus R that would be cool:laugh:
    98 C43 AMG (SOLD)

lmao I just kidding