Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would the O.Z amg wheels suit the 202?

Eww yeh that screen banner,south auckland bmw wouldnt have those rims very long ^^

Good to hear!!...i had problems with mine last time i bled it,just couldnt get that last bubble out....think i was trying to do it on my own that time which makes it a tad tricky=)
    Hows the new engine run?
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

yea i can see where the bubble would sit, in the tube as it goes over the gearbox and then back down the other side, right at the top of the gearbox loop i recon its a prime bubble hangout,
    engine goes good, and getn plenty of fuel with the new injectors, and thats with a lower fuel pressure, so should make the pump last longer
    -Logan-

OG Moderator
    some nice looking wheels there paul.. I get ya with the 17's! always good to keep the power you have worked so hard to make.. then to lose it through having large wheels. Im still gonna say a nice 18" is the way to go though!!
    those are some nice 17's you posted.. all of them look decent. the VW ones looked pretty sweet.. Ive always liked a deep dish rim on a VW.
    the SL with the black center AMG's looked nice.. would look god on your car, although I think a gunmetal center would suit better then a full black. and as for the w202 with the multi piece AMG's.. it makes the wheel look so much smaller.. its only an illusion though. they still looked nice.
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

All good!! hehe yeh could imagine they would hang out there=) hows the clutch?

Ross,yeh its been tough trying to find a decent wheel that looks good and will clear the stoptech brakes...theres pretty much nothing out there for a decent price....anything that clears and looks is 6-7K in 17's...the exchange is omg atm.

Im temped to go with these SSR's but $$$$$$$$$$ O.O...cant afford them for along time...maybe unless i sell the S1's.
    cleanest touring wheel i can find and has good clearance...wieghs 7 - 7.5kg which is like 4kg+ lighter than my S1's. 17" tires are wider and wiegh pretty much the same as my 19" tires though your bringing it all closer to the hub...17's ftw

SSR TypeF

I havent wieghed the O.Z amg's but they felt very heavy when i picked them up...if the AMG mono's are anything to go by then they may be at the heaviest end of the scale on almost any 17/18 lol

if looks arnt the case than the most cost effect performance wheel is definitly this one...if only the 17x8.5et30 didnt look like shit,this one is 9"+ with a nice flat spoke and alittle lip...

Maybe if i want perfomance i should just buy an evo and be done with it....haha...=(

those wheels look good on an evo but not so sure about on a 202. look at that typical evo more wings on it than an aeroplane, typical i say again. haha... yea exchange rate is o so damn low! but what sucks is both exporters and importers seem to be struggling

clutch is holding good, just needa get that bubble out.
    came for a blat home tonight from town
    <- that was me in the car
    man i love boost

edit:
    i hope u dont mind that i basically only talk off topic in your threads
    -Logan-

boost is good,definitly best from a turbo=),must be good to finally get that power to the ground!!
    Awsome so whats next...fine tuning?? all good on the o.t think almost do it as much as you^^

Well...i had to do it,they cleared the brakes...i know there so evo but they were just so light...as light and even lighter than the fully forged Rays and SSR's at 1/4 the cost....so i got a set of RPF1'S and some Toyo tyres,225 front 255 rear just the mid range performance ones as i want them quite....pics soon...im not holding any breath tho not expecting anything in the looks department they just better be quite and make the car feel nimble again! =)...offsets are 35,with a 8/9" rim combo...so will sit alot further in that the S1's...may space them slightly one day.

OG Moderator
    those evo wheels dont look half bad.. just need to see them on the W202 though! so you ended up getting them?!
    wow.. 6-7K for 17's??????! what the flip?!
    well as long as you save rotational weight.. then its all good.. thats a huge power killer.
    so the 19's for sale now?!
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

--18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

were did slammed get that cost figure from?
    so you went with them ah, i said i wasnt sure so im holding out for a pic!
    i beleive they will look good on the 202 tho because i have trust in your judgment..... well in car looks anyway, but i wouldnt trust u in piston choice
    how longs the wait and whats the weight difference?
    man ur things gona be like a rocket ship now! i ant so keen on 202 drags anymore well not for pink slips anyway
    -Logan-

Thanks slammed...they will be ok...just ok i think....lol,they will be ALOT lighter though it will definitely perform!

I quoted those prices earlier in the thread from new zealands importer,its about right....the Rays wheels are around 750US each,thats 6K without shipping and tax's...SSR's are alittle cheaper but still around the 6 - 6.5K mark.

LOL logan...stop talking it up theres a 99% chance it will end like the pistons
    It was effectively the simple process of elimination...
    Cost,weight,size,brake clearance,8"/9" combo.
    these were the only choice

Tried a front and rear on,the rear bolts hit the park brakes,damn.
    the front clear the stoptech by about 5mm on top,and ~7mm infront....they look SMAAAAALLLLL haha.
    Rubber arrives in the morning!.

...do not comment on the look

OG Moderator
    well they look decent.. gotta see them with the car though! they fit nicely around those massive calipers though.
    they should be great improvements over the 19's! hell of a lot less rotating mass!

just grind the bolts down!!

Yip had the bolts machined down to size

After fitting today i must say im surprised at how much i like them....the whole car looks more mature...less ShOw PoNy..... i think It looks more like it means business,they could almost pass as stock rims=)...just my opinion though think i maybe over the "bling" days=)

Everything is better!!!
    -Easy to start from a stand still
    -much Smoother gear changes 1-2-3
    -much better road feel,feedback
    -less noise,smoother ride.
    -WAY better lock
    -feels much more stable when theres loss of traction.

Have not driven them too hard yet as its wet over here cant wait for some dryness =)

Work wheels ------------->New wheels
    Front 49.3---------------->38.7lbs
    Rear 50.8----------------->40lbs

So we have lost around 5Kg on all wheels and shifted the rest of the weight closer to the hub!.

Pics =)

hmmm Yeh Ross might sell the 19's ay hehe=)

Pitty about the blue valve caps should have traded them for silver ones =P

Got the driveshaft safety catch made today for Cert,and also Fitted a Custom local made 600mm 4" stainless resonator glass packed after the Centre magnaflow muffler ,exhaust finally sounds awsome,all striaght through...smooth and very deep! =)

OG Moderator
    they look pretty decent Paul.. but small!! as long as they perform how you want.. then its all good.
    not a bad looking wheel.
    the blue caps help go with the blue theme under your hood.. with the hose couplers!
    get some vids.. I wanna hear your exhaust!!. and that turbo spool!

I like them, for your application they fit the car nicely. Car does look like it means business now, pretty intimidating.
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

it looks like youve got 4 flat tires and those are your spares to get home!
    nah doesnt look to bad... i guess.
    man its a pain in the ass all the negative effects of larger lower profile tires, because all the things you say it improved on the car are the things id like to improve on my car, at the mo im rolling round on my ghay chrome 18s cos its way smoother, but im gona go back to the 19s the 18s wer my workshop rims.

next step lsd!
    go over to mbworld theres a write up on a lsd over there, but its sortof hard to follow.

^it would go well round a track with those tires/rimss tho
    -Logan-

Ross,alittle small yes=) but it looks much better in the flesh!
    After Taking her for a decent drive in the dry Yesterday there is without a doubt no reason i will ever go back to 19's on the 202...Vids definitely on the list of things to do...need to borrow a decent Vid cam!

Thanks Jnolt....the g/f thought it looked more "sophisticated"...and she would pic them over the S1 19's any day...i just agreed

lol logan,as usual so hard to please he he
    Yep its all compromise and as you said if theres a noticable difference on your 18's imagine what 17's are like!....
    its going to be great not having to worry so much about minor pot holes and road works etc!.
    mmm Lsd=)...will look into it!,just need to grow another money tree....this ones dead
    Track would be much better too,did a few roundabouts yesterday and the tendency to resist lifting under power is faaaaaaaaaaar better.

Want some cheap S1's?

This is the only time in my life I have heard anyone say, "Woohoo just replaced my 19's with 17's and its Awesome" lol. Still looks great, much better than my stock 15's. I might be rolling on a set of 17inch Aero I's soon. Hopefully my lack of performance doesn't go down to much. haha
    2014 Black Sapphire BMW 328d xDrive
    1997 Brilliant Silver C36 AMG 183k miles (SOLD)
    1994 Spruce Green C280 176k miles (SOLD)
    Drexel Business '11

Hehe

Going 15 - 17 shouldnt really decrease performace unless you go with a really heavy rim...it will most likely just give better handling with only a very minor derease in all other areas bar looks =)

Before you put your 17's on,wiegh the rims with and without tires,wiegh the stock 15's(rim+tire)...let me know the wieghts and how the 17's feel are compared to the 15's!,would be interesting to know =)

Cheers,
    Paul

Just some updated pics.