Thread: help with sound system wires

help with sound system wires

sup all... so I got a sound system for my 202... I ran into problems tho... I can't seem to find a hole from inside the trunk to run up the wires to the dash player... i looked everywhere even took out the bottom seats to have a peak... but nothing...

anyone can help with this? much appreciated smile
    1998 C230k Classic Edition

so your telling me you took out the rear seats and you couldnt find a way to route the wires into the cabin? you might wanna try a lil harder... looking into the trunk you can route them on the left and right sides and down itnto the door sill ducts. just follow the pre existing wires back there, they all route thru the doorsill ducts, well most do at least... oh and after you remove the rear seats remove the rear triangularparts of the rear seats on the sides. that will help alot to
    99 c280 (WHITE)
    In the midst of modding.

(list of stuff too long...just link to your gallery thread)

Originally posted by 1SIKBNZ
    so your telling me you took out the rear seats and you couldnt find a way to route the wires into the cabin? you might wanna try a lil harder... looking into the trunk you can route them on the left and right sides and down itnto the door sill ducts. just follow the pre existing wires back there, they all route thru the doorsill ducts, well most do at least... oh and after you remove the rear seats remove the rear triangularparts of the rear seats on the sides. that will help alot to
    oh yea I noticed the route on the buttom right on the door sill, but I don't know where it starts from from inside the trunk

did you remove the second piece of the rear seats..? the triangle type piece of padding on the side...? it should be apparent after removing that...
    99 c280 (WHITE)
    In the midst of modding.

Originally posted by 1SIKBNZ
    did you remove the second piece of the rear seats..? the triangle type piece of padding on the side...? it should be apparent after removing that...
    no I only took off the bottom seats.. how do I release the upper part of the seats ?

Could I run it through here ?

and i got the bottom seats off what "triangle" were you talking about ?

In Charge
    Please resize pictures to max 800x600.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

The part where the seatbelt is lying on
    99 c280 (WHITE)
    In the midst of modding.

i think BY FAR! that the 202 is the easiest car ive ever installed a system in...running the wires was cake and dont show, and ive got a 12 ft monster RCA cable which is super thick and that was even easy to hide..
    2009 - Bmw 335i M Sport Package
    2003- Ford Excursion Limited

Only drive when its bad outside - White
    1998 c230, 17\" amg 5 spoke, 5% tint, JL audio W3v2 12\", Memphis Class D 400w amp, dynamat, K&N, Clarion In-Dash DVD..

RIP- 1998 c230 Black

http://www.club202.com/forums/showth...threadid=13733

http://www.club202.com/forums/showth...threadid=15348

the best part is the battery is in the TRUNK so you don't even need to go through the firewall!

Jason
    Jason

2006 BMW 525XI (Silver Gray Metallic)
    -----------------------------------------------
    1995 C280 (Smoke Silver Metallic) - 348,900 Original Miles - SOLD March 2010
    1988 Saleen Mustang - 1 Of Only 17 - 50,514 Original Miles - SOLD June 2009

If you haven't figured it out yet...you need to remove the back seat, as I remember, there are 3 bolts holding it down...once you have the back seat off, you will see the hole which is by the seatbelt area.