Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Acting like the REv limiter is engauging

thanks kraut..yeah some dealers are much better than others. depends on management in the end i guess. some places the service managers are asleep collecting there 200k a year salaries bs'ing the owners all day long. others they have to show results or else. by the way an sds is 20k. little more than a week to pay that off. the reason benz is like that is so indie shops have a hard time with repairs. if anyone could work on them and f-them up then the brand would look bad. just to check the fluid on a new 722.9 trans requires an sds and about 30min of time. thats why i chose benz to work on and not audi. i have ross-tech software and a bentley manual and i can do %90 of what an audi shop can. my friends that work at audi now are dying with there flat rate checks every week. a lot of benz dealers are still ok.

UPDATE TO ISSUE

Looks like I might have identified the problem = Oil Separator. It still seems as if power is lacking but the sudden loss of all power (like the rev limiter kicked in) is gone.

Replaced the entire assembly - all hoses etc. (ordered from Dealer). Here's are the part numbers:

1110180335 Oil Seperator $30
    1110183182 Hose, VLRUN $28.50
    1110181682 Hose $12
    1110181882 Hose VLRUN $10

Took about 15 minutes

try disconnecting your battery for a while to see if it resets the adaptations in the me control unit. that may clear up the rest.

Problem still there

Que sad music

Replaced all that crap I listed on previous posts. Still intermitant sudden loss of power (like the rev limiter is engaging).

Like I said, totally intermitant. Lately, it's more likely to happen when it's cold. SuperCharger is engaging. No codes.

Any way to test the throttle actuator (the thing that tells the ECU where the gas pedal is positioned)? If that's cutting out, wouldn't it create these types of results?

only the stealership can do that lmao......

just take it to them let them hook it up to SDS....
    Theres a demon in my car i tell yah....its name is KOMPRESSOR lmfao

latest clue

Had the intermittent problem again last night. Popped the hood and hit the throttle (in park obviously). SC was not engaging.

As it only has 10k on it, I'm going to check connections etc.

Wondering if a bad throttle acutuator would effect this? In other words, if the actuator senses a position pre 2,000 RPM, it wouldn't engage correct?

I guess it could also be the ECU? Other suggestions?

AGAIN, I know from experience that the car WILL operate without the supercharger (SC) because I once had a blown fuse for the SC and the car ran (like a non SC model).

I see SDS in the future. Onward.

you say the MAF is oily? try CRC mass airflow sensor cleaner. its at autozone.
    if that still doesnt work. pull your codes, you may have to dish out $250 for a MAF.

BTW sounds like the the K&N filter was drenched on oil and the air flow sucked it in....there is also the possibility that its actual motor oil you motor built up and sends it into your intake.

take apart your intake and you will know what i mean.

my intake had a coat of motor oil on it before did a cold air intake and way before the MAF died.
    1997 C 280
    1984 190D 2.2 5 SPD!!
    1995 E300 Diesel * RIP*
    2003 C230K Coupe...Sold!

thanks - just replaced the SC - must have blown a seal. Had a shop run SDS and it was throwing all kinds of crazy stuff - the ECU was trying to compensate for the oil on the MAF, O2 etc etc. Oil did not match engine oil and I had already replaced the oil seperator. Pulled the SC. When i checked the oil plug, it was empty. Ths SC only had 10k on it - was a re-mfg - was on warranty - big 'ol pain in the ass - had to completely dismantle the intake and clean it out - oil everywhere - hope there isn't more damage - will know in a day or so

Originally posted by kraut
    thanks - just replaced the SC - must have blown a seal. Had a shop run SDS and it was throwing all kinds of crazy stuff - the ECU was trying to compensate for the oil on the MAF, O2 etc etc. Oil did not match engine oil and I had already replaced the oil seperator. Pulled the SC. When i checked the oil plug, it was empty. Ths SC only had 10k on it - was a re-mfg - was on warranty - big 'ol pain in the ass - had to completely dismantle the intake and clean it out - oil everywhere - hope there isn't more damage - will know in a day or so
    whats an "SD" lol yea sounds liek a pain. screw it, just just some spray degreaser though the plastic manifold, your done in 5 min lol
    1997 C 280
    1984 190D 2.2 5 SPD!!
    1995 E300 Diesel * RIP*
    2003 C230K Coupe...Sold!

UPDATE

Running strong now with the new super charger (SC). Does not appear to be residual damage to MAF or other components