Thread: Would an E55 turbo kit fit a C43

Question Would an E55 turbo kit fit a C43

Just an off the head questions if a kit made for an E55 would work on a C43

0118 999 881 999 119 7253

It should work fine as long as the exhaust manifold spacing to the cylinder head is correct. The difference in displacement should not be enoungh to cause any problems that could not be taken care of with some tuning, ignition timing, fuel settings, etc.

Jeff
    1999 C43 Obsidian Black; Penske Remote Adjustable Shocks; Adjustable Spring Perches; SSR Comp Wheels, 9.5 & 9.5x17\"; Custom 31.75mm front & 19mm rear swaybar; Ported Manifold; Limited Slip Differential, Headers and race Cats, Other Stuff

Re: Would an E55 turbo kit fit a C43

Originally posted by nokia8860
    Just an off the head questions if a kit made for an E55 would work on a C43

how could you provide a pic and not a link? you're a tease!

Maybe because someone has some future plans that is still a secret?!

Originally posted by kameraguy
    Maybe because someone has some future plans that is still a secret?!
    setec astronomy

Hogally Mogally!
    :lick:

How 'bout a group buy?!?

Re: Re: Would an E55 turbo kit fit a C43

Originally posted by aintME
    how could you provide a pic and not a link? you're a tease!
    I think the one pictured has damaged blades in the vortech turbo.

So I guess a rebuild is needed to get this to work.

Oh link totally forgot my bad...

Here is the link to find the charger

Re: Re: Re: Would an E55 turbo kit fit a C43

Oh link totally forgot my bad...

Here is the link to find the charger
    thanks. for some reason, it looks like old benzsport site. i guess i need to go hps and cross my fingers

HAHAHA im just playing with you man.

eBaY f0oL

Btw, you get an updated California map yet?

Suspected as much when I saw the link was to Google. Hey, but I ended up finding http://www.mosselmanturbo.com/index2.htm from it!

98: You will notice a bi turbo 202 on that site. That car belongs to a member here.

Im trying to get a history of the car write up made with the owner of the car.

eBaY f0oL

Btw, you get an updated California map yet?
    i saw the "ebay" in the pix, but, my dumbass went searching on US Ebay which CA map is the most current? any idea of the release/update date?

i was hoping you would just have it

the dealer is asking 120 for the disc.

i was hoping you would just have it

the dealer is asking 120 for the disc.
    what's wrong with the old disc? Other than taking you to streets/freeways that no longer exist…or being on new roads that are considered "offroad," it works fine.

so, that's not a turbo kit...but a supercharger one...kinda like the comptech/Vortech supercharger for the S2000.

cootys rat semen
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

Originally posted by Renn 208
    so, that's not a turbo kit...but a supercharger one...kinda like the comptech/Vortech supercharger for the S2000.

cootys rat semen
    d'oh

ok supercharger. so whos gonna bid on it and bring it over?

d'oh
    ok supercharger. so whos gonna bid on it and bring it over?
    If that's a centrifugal unit, I hear you should away. More suited to the 1/4 mile track. Makes gobs of power -- i.e. torque @ high RPM -- but not much at low rpm.

is it me or does that look more like a vortch style supercharger rather then a turbo.... i dont see no back housing!!!

Originally posted by BenzoAMGpower
    is it me or does that look more like a vortch style supercharger rather then a turbo.... i dont see no back housing!!!
    like Renn 208 and Nokia8860 were talking about ... definitely a supercharger ... also, plastic hoses!

I don't think those centrifugal superchargers are bad at all. Sure they do not produce as much low rpm Hp. But for someone like me that is not an issue as I keep my car wound up pretty tight. And at higher rpm I think the centrifugal superchargers are more effiecient?

Are all the parts there? including a fuel/ignition controller?

Jeff
    1999 C43 Obsidian Black; Penske Remote Adjustable Shocks; Adjustable Spring Perches; SSR Comp Wheels, 9.5 & 9.5x17\"; Custom 31.75mm front & 19mm rear swaybar; Ported Manifold; Limited Slip Differential, Headers and race Cats, Other Stuff

Originally posted by speedybenz
    as I keep my car wound up pretty tight
    Is that on the street or on the track?

For now its been just backroads. Where I use the shift lever to change and hold gears. So the engine stays up the rpm scale pretty much the whole drive.

Race track very soon. I just about have everything sorted out. Just want to revalve the Penske shocks to increase low speed compression and rebound damping.

Jeff

Originally posted by speedybenz
    For now its been just backroads. Where I use the shift lever to change and hold gears. So the engine stays up the rpm scale pretty much the whole drive.
    ...Same way I drive. The rest of the unwashed masses out on the road just hate us, don't they?!!
    :silly:

Race track very soon. I just about have everything sorted out. Just want to revalve the Penske shocks to increase low speed compression and rebound damping.
    Jeff
    Too bad there's no tracks nearby that lets people off the street on the track. I did a Skip Barber "Day of Racing" at Limerock. However they never offer any times for us to get on the track with our cars. Grr...

Regarding suspension, I'm one of those guys who researches to no end before making a move -- else I'm never happy and constantly second guessing my move afterwards. I'm still way to uninformed to modify my suspension.

...so, if you had to do it over, would you do your setup the same? Any other recommendations?

Best Regards,
    Steve