Thread: i should have posted this earlier

i should have posted this earlier

in January i took a road trip from toronto to halifax. While on the road I noticed that during the day when the sun was out, the car was leaking water from the side of roof liner and from the overhead dome. The lights also started to do funny things. But with a few days of sunshine the water was gone. I suspected it was a weather stripping problem but since than i have driven in the heavy heavy rain with non of the symptoms.

My second thought was towards condensation on inside of the roof. Anyone else ever experience this sort of thing?

Does your car have a sunroof, that's the most likely culprit. If not, have you had a windshield replaced? The pressure forced from the front while moving can drive water into any small areas that weren't sealed correctly, but I guess this is theoretically possible with side glass seals as well but less likely to make it all the way up to the dome light unless it simply wicked up there. If you did have windshield replaced it should carry a warranty.
    Click to see pics of my
    \'99 c230 Kompressor (Brilliant Silver)
    \'04 Porsche Cayenne S

OG Moderator
    If you do have a sunroof, my guess is that your sunroof drains were clogged during that time but somehow cleared later.
    1999 C230 Kompressor

nope no sunroof! This happened in the winter only, when it wasn't snowing. So there was no water involved or snow on the car. This happened on clear days (-14C).

mazdalowandslow
    Bad windshield seal or roof anteanna seal is leaking

i dont think anyone paid attention to what i wrote.

There was no rain or snow when water started to drip inside the cabin.

Dear mykg4orce,

Be a little thoughtful about the tone of your reply. Folks here are using their valuable time to try and help you.

Logic tells us that if you have water leaking from your roof, it had to get there somehow. Folks here are trying to figure out how that happened based soley upon the information that you have supplied.

Water doesn't normally flow uphill. So it either forced into, leaked into, or condensed into the roof space. It may well have remained there as ice for some time until your drove the car a significant distance.

You don't need to agree with the replies you receive, just be gracious...

Regards,
    OzC36