Thread: Car is pulling Transmission codes

Car is pulling Transmission codes

I borrowed my friends OBDII reader just for the hell of it and My 1997 C280 ( 5spd auto) and ran 3 transmission codes!

don remember them off the top of my head but one was a speed sensor of some sort.

a week ago i experienced something weird. I was at a light and my car didnt down shift. it just stayed between 3rd and 5th. it made alot of noise and barely movedonce the light turned green. once i got it going it was fine after that. i figured it was just a glitch.

These trans codes seem to be putting up a red flag for me.

I use the car like its a manual alot, but my MB tecs said its there for a reason and not to worry about it.

does anyone have similar issues? or what did you do to resolve them.

im thinking change the trans fluid and SELL SELL SELL!
    1997 C 280
    1984 190D 2.2 5 SPD!!
    1995 E300 Diesel * RIP*
    2003 C230K Coupe...Sold!

I'm having the same problem. I think it's about time a for a new trans....
    It will cost around $3500 parts & labor.. :bored:

Try to get all the codes again, but based off of the speed sensor fault, you will need a new conductor plate which is located on top
    of the valve body. Common failure, it contains all of the transmission speed sensors and holds the shift solenoids.
    -Zach

OG Moderator
    >>I use the car like its a manual alot, but my MB tecs said its there for a reason and not to worry about it. <<

I'd find another mechanic for advise. You have one of the earliest 722.xxx electronic transmissions and they have had a much higher problem rate, especially compared to the old 4 speeds which were very robust. I would baby that transmission as much as possible.
    1999 C230 Kompressor

Originally posted by epmills
    Try to get all the codes again, but based off of the speed sensor fault, you will need a new conductor plate which is located on top
    of the valve body. Common failure, it contains all of the transmission speed sensors and holds the shift solenoids.
    -Zach
    Im with Zach on this one, especially if it mentioned speed sensor(s) Nxx.
    2002 S500
    2002 CLK430 w/ 5.5L swap
    2002 SLK32 AMG
    2003 S430 w/ 5.0L swap
    2000 ML55 AMG