Thread: Polyurethane control arm bushings

Polyurethane control arm bushings

I know there are plenty of posts about theses bushings, just wanted to start one up with some pictures. Finally got my bushings and ball joints yesterday and spent about 2 hours putting them in today. My old ones were trashed and the boots on my ball joints were split as well. Before the bushings my car would lunge forward slightly when put into gear with the brakes on. The bushings had about an inch of play each way and would toe my wheels in and out they were so bad. My steering was very sloppy and bumps shook my car more than normal. Overall I'm very satisfied with the quality of the new bushings. It handles a lot better and the steering is tight now. My car is lowered so i dont think the stock bushings would have been a wise choice considering how they broke apart in the pictures. Best option is to use an air hammer to break the old casing out of the control arm if you have one. It took about 5 minutes compared to other people spending up to a couple hours trying to drill it out. The new ones just pop right in so thats a plus! Leave some comments about the pics and I will try to answer any questions from anyone trying to do it themselves. Spent $150 for 2 bushings and 2 ball joints. Save alot of money by doing it yourself.

Left Side

Right Side (the worst)

Chisled out with an air hammer

New poly bushing

mazdalowandslow
    Where did you buy thoes from?

I bought them on ebay through FCP Groton (foreingcarpartsonline) for $89.99 plus 4.99 shipping. The ball joints were 19.99 each off of their website.

When installing polybushes, did you use the original bolts and nuts? or did you swap them as well?
    I've read that the bolts fitted originaly are to long...

I had eccentric bolts on the front bushings and the stock bolts on the rear bushings that I replaced. The stock bolts and eccentrics are the same size. The bolts are fine, the new bushings are the exact same size as the old ones, just solid. Thinking about getting 2 more eccentric bolts because I thought only 2 were required when I bought them 2 years ago. I really like these bushings after only a few days... my old ones weren't doing anything.