Thread: Brake Light (How long Do I Have?)

Brake Light (How long Do I Have?)

Hey - The brake light just came on - how many miles can drive until I get new brakes?

Thanks!
    99 C280
    ------------------
    95 C36 AMG
    87 300E

Your brake lights came on and you're still asking how many miles you can drive before getting new brakes? Think and use your common sense...

I agree. It's a safety feature put in by MB for your benefit. Never second guess or ask for second opinion.

Get it checked and have it replaced right away.

He, He, He....

I agree too ... the reason I asked is because I am out of town (not driving much) and it is mostly highway miles to get home (Friday).
    99 C280
    ------------------
    95 C36 AMG
    87 300E

Re: He, He, He....

Originally posted by Design29
    I agree too ... the reason I asked is because I am out of town (not driving much) and it is mostly highway miles to get home (Friday).
    If you mean the pad wear light came on, don't worry, you will be fine for a while. Do get them taken care of as soon as you can. If you mean the Brake light came on, PANIC! This may indicate a fault which could have immediate effect of your car's ability to stop.

Re: Re: He, He, He....

Originally posted by stox
    If you mean the pad wear light came on, don't worry, you will be fine for a while. Do get them taken care of as soon as you can. If you mean the Brake light came on, PANIC! This may indicate a fault which could have immediate effect of your car's ability to stop.
    Ahhhhhhhhh!!!
    2000 C23K Sport / Custom Magnaflow Exhaust / H7 6000k HIDs / Zimmerman Cross Drilled Rotors / Real CF B Pillars & CF Spoiler / Smoked LED Tails / H&R / Bilstein / V1 Radar/Laser Detector

We're Cool ...

Oh yeah, it's the brake PAD light (amber) I was talking about ...

Thanks!
    99 C280
    ------------------
    95 C36 AMG
    87 300E

I would take the tire off and see how thick the pads are...i'm asuming your talking about the BAS light. If the pads are pretty thick your going to have to take out the brake light sensor and yank on that push button
    Theres a demon in my car i tell yah....its name is KOMPRESSOR lmfao