Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Actual Weight of C43?

Actual Weight of C43?

Does anyone know what the actual wt of a C43 is? I see MB has it listed at 3448 lbs. Just want to know if this is a actual wt.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    1999 C43 Obsidian Black; Penske Remote Adjustable Shocks; Adjustable Spring Perches; SSR Comp Wheels, 9.5 & 9.5x17\"; Custom 31.75mm front & 19mm rear swaybar; Ported Manifold; Limited Slip Differential, Headers and race Cats, Other Stuff

CKlasse
    Jeff,

That's the curb wt I believe -- No fuel, spare tire, or driver! Correct me anyone?

This is what NADA had to say:

Weight: 3400

I don't know how they judge it though!!!
    \"Children in the front seat can cause accidents, accidents in the back seat can cause children!\"

Do truck weight stations ever entertain those who want to weigh their cars? That's one way to really know.

Do truck weight stations ever entertain those who want to weigh their cars? That's one way to really know.
    That's a good question....alright Kam, your homework for tonight is to go to the nearest Weigh Station and see if they will let you weigh your car and report back to us...
    \"Children in the front seat can cause accidents, accidents in the back seat can cause children!\"

Hmmm, I tried but the CHP officer with the shotgun gave me a non-verbal "no-go"

Originally posted by kameraguy
    Hmmm, I tried but the CHP officer with the shotgun gave me a non-verbal "no-go"
    I thought you stopped dating that guy months ago?
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

Yea, I dumped him long ago...thought it was mutual....but I guess there are still hard feelings

But for real, a weight station would be perfect...though I wonder if they will allow the public to weigh their cars. I will try and find a phone number to ask

Otherwise...what other ways are there to measure the weight of a car?

Hey guys, check this out. Sounds plausible:

http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionC...67/carexp.html

In Charge
    Do you guys have landfills out there? You know solid waste dumps, where they charge you by the pound. You could drive in, get your car weighed then turn around and leave (in the process having your car weighed again). Since there will be no difference in the incoming/outgoing car weight, you will not be charged.

DLS
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

CKlasse
    Back in the 1/4 mile days, Bandimere Speedway had car scale. It was free... I wonder if you could call your local tracks. At least they would know where to refer you to.

Good luck

I went to a truck scale today and the average of 3 weights for the car are 3,245 lbs. Not too bad, I have removed 200lbs. I was hoping for 3,200. I will just have to look harder.

Front seats?

Jeff
    1999 C43 Obsidian Black; Penske Remote Adjustable Shocks; Adjustable Spring Perches; SSR Comp Wheels, 9.5 & 9.5x17\"; Custom 31.75mm front & 19mm rear swaybar; Ported Manifold; Limited Slip Differential, Headers and race Cats, Other Stuff

CKlasse
    whats the weight lost to hp gain ratio again? You really need to dyno your car, Jeff!

In Charge
    I remember reading losing 6lbs is like gaining 1hp.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

Jeff, was it any hassle to get your car weighed at the station? Did you need to schedule it?

When I got mine, there was still a paper in the glove box from Germany, forgot the title of it, that I guess the dealer usually removes. It said 3295 LB, which I thought was rather svelte for an MB...
    Obsidian Black 1999 C43

I think that might be the weight of the car without gas, oil, water, etc. I know I have removed over 200 lbs off my car so I am pretty sure the weight with fluids is 3,450 lb +/-.

Looking hard at those heavy seats next.

Jeff

I also hear Paint adds a bit of weight too....hmmm......

You thinking the Deloren Look. Or however you spell it.

Dude, you are reading my mind.

Jeff

Windshield wiper could save some weight too!

That's how the W25 gave birth to the silver arrow legend. Originally painted white, they were stripped down to bare AL to get to race weight

Can you imagine if the most popular MB today would've been white?
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

Originally posted by Renn 208
    That's how the W25 gave birth to the silver arrow legend. Originally painted white, they were stripped down to bare AL to get to race weight

Can you imagine if the most popular MB today would've been white?
    I would think if this was true, JRE would be in absolute heaven

what about a 230k? Mine is listed at 3,200lbs +/- but since your "Big Bad V8" is at 3,245...my "Scrony Lil Four Banger" should be at like 2,900lbs...

c230kompressed,

If you put lightweight wheels, light calipers, toss the exhaust muffler, spare tire, use Odessey battery, etc, you could get your car to 2,900 lbs.

It would be like adding 15Hp.

Jeff

im saying a 43 should weigh a lot more than a 230k.