Thread: 1997 C230 engine S/N location

1997 C230 engine S/N location

I know our engine s/n begins with 111. Can someone tell me exactly where
    in the engine block it is located?

Trying to order parts but i need the engine SN to make sure I get the correct part. Thanks.

You can use the vin# to order parts.

autohausaz cannot confirm my VIN. I don't know why.

Called Fletcher Jones and Smythe, they won't help me. (mudafkers)
    They want me to bring it in so they can look at it then charge me just for peeking.

Trying to buy the belt tensioner assembly bec. mine is getting a lot of vibration. However I need to verify my engine SN in order to get the right part #.

2 weeks ago I replaced the tensioner shock and pulley and not the tensioner assembly (It was good at the time).

I wonder if that russian site will give the info I need. What do you think Jun?

Quote Originally Posted by JRE320 View Post
    You can use the vin# to order parts.

Try importec.com and you will get the same quality parts that you need. And if not then try Mercedes of Oakland.
    Fletcher Jones and Smythe are just trying to make money out of you. They just don't have a good customer service.
    Last edited by JRE320; 03-03-2011 at 06:18 PM.

Had no choice but to bite the bullet. Bought the part from Fletcher Jones for $176. It took me 45 mins. altogether from start to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by JRE320 View Post
    Try importec.com and you will get the same quality parts that you need. And if not then try Mercedes of Oakland.
    Fletcher Jones and Smythe are just trying to make money out of you. They just don't have a good customer service.

Wink

Well, you can't wait for your parts and that's what you get.

The vibration was so bad and violent. I'm afraid the serpentine belt will come off while i'm driving and do more damage and repairs can be more expensive.

Here's the after r/r video: No more violent vibration coming from the tensioner assembly. Before I replaced it, the serpentine belt tends to become loose and you can hear very loud chatter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpIJJxBfIh8
    Last edited by hvmercy; 03-04-2011 at 09:14 AM.

That's good you're doing it yourself. Instead of paying $125.00/hr.

next time, just go here http://epc.startekinfo.com/epc/

register with a credit card for a 1 year membership (dont worry its free). then you'll have access to the epc if you have java. just enter your vin# at the top and you get the exact screen that the dealer parts guy navigates.