Thread: Seems like my throtlle is stuck..? :(

OG Moderator

Unhappy Seems like my throtlle is stuck..? :(

Guys

After I drove from Indianapolis to Chicago today (3 hr 20 min)

I got to the destination and as usually before I turn off the engine I give a slight rev.

And guess what happened.
    The rpm is stuck at 2000 rpm ..

Everything else idle is fine, the car is running fine.

I looks at the actuator lingkage (the one that close to the fusebox), after I rev if come back to normal position, so it seems that that part is fine.

I am wondering if it could be electrical.

So now if I put the gear in N and rev it a little bit the rpm stuck @2000prm, and of I put the gear in D it goes down to around 500-600 prm (which seems fine to me) then if I put the gear back in N, it goes back up to 2000 rpm..

Anyone has experience this problem before..
    Please help

Regardz,

J Irwan

Hey Irwin,

I'm from Houston & I think I,ve seen your car in mbnz gallery???. Its the silver one slammed on 18's??? Anyway, I've benn going through the dealer circus trying to find out why my C36 has misfires at certain throttle angles & they threw a MAF meter & new plugs at it. When the new plugs were put in the problem was gone for a few weeks. The MAF din't do a damn thing! Now its back! And it acts a little different now. I've got an on-off miss under load and I think my Throttle body is bad? I've got the engine harness done by whoever owned my car previously. I was told by a mechanic that the TB has the IAC(Idle Air Control) function, cruise control stuff all in one. My cruise quit working when my car started driving crappy(about 4 mos ago) I was told the whole TB has to be replaced cause it will contain the rottable insulation on the inside of it. My silver C36 has 44,000 miles on it. Later