Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: DIY Adjustable rear camber arms

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    As far as sales of such products go, to keep your butt covered in case a failure / lawsuit I believe you want to have LLC (limited-liability company)

I know you mean no harm, but in a serious accident or God forbid a fatality, installation of such parts may come up and you can get sued. I am surprised (wait, actually I'm not... ) that Firestone would offer such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by RemoLexi View Post
    As far as sales of such products go, to keep your butt covered in case a failure / lawsuit I believe you want to have LLC (limited-liability company)

I know you mean no harm, but in a serious accident or God forbid a fatality, installation of such parts may come up and you can get sued. I am surprised (wait, actually I'm not... ) that Firestone would offer such a thing.
    This is very good info for anyone selling aftermarket parts. People often do not realize these parts are not DOT approved and could get their butts sued it something bad happens. Even using them is a legal risk- always buy the best stuff available.

In Charge
    If the static load rating on a rod end is 17,995 lbs, what does that actually mean? That it is capable of holding 17995 lbs of constant pressure at the thread or ball joint, etc?

Also, can you give me an idea of what are typical pressure loads for these types of components?
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

17995 static load is their failure If something were to suspend from it. Load applied to a in this situation is probably only a few thousand pounds worst case scenario at best-most of the time less than 100 lbs. Just like ball joints have different qualities and require maintenance or replacement, The better quality bought in is looked upon the same way. A lot of people use lesser quality com-12 rod ends in circle track racing only because there are a lot of accidents and better quality ones would be too expensive to replace all the time.
    Last edited by Vetruck; 03-09-2015 at 11:12 AM.