Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DRL's on a W202?

turned out nice... i've been considering this too... has anyone actually done this mod using the oem led drl kit?

Yes, Me Lol.
    My W202 2000 C230 Kompressor
    Like us on Facebook!
    MODS: Magnaflow 14833 | OEM Sport White Gauges | OEM Faux Carbon Fiber Trim | OEM Sport Steering Wheel | CLK320 Airbox | LED Interior Lighting | 6K HID Headlights | L-Shaped Daytime Running Lights | 22' Kicker Subwoofer | 3M Carbon Fiber Di-Noc Door Pillars | Amber Corners | K&N Airbox Filter |

what was the process of installing it in the bumper? are there other colors for them?

Well for the C230K 2000, there was a rubber grille where the Lights would be, without the rubber piece, the DRLs cannot be secured on. The DRL's had two screws on them. Just put them through, and screw some bolts on. I wired them to my parking lights. You might have to tinker with them a bit. No splicing was involved. Now they arent perfect fits, and it is a tight squeeze.

I havent found any other colors other than the white LED ones.

on my 97 c280 there are just two holes. they are actually made to let air through for the brakes i believe. I might just have to do what the guy did with the strips. doesnt look too bad.

Yeah, I'd go with strips as well. They will probably go for cheaper too and be very low profile. Show us how it looks when its done!

how about the aznoptics ones? i've been considering putting those on my 1995 w202 maybe in the next few months...

Well, if you can bolt them on, I see why not. Just make sure to measure everything and understand where you are going to wire it. Mine barely fit the chassis, I had to kind of shove it in there, but they are nice and snug

this is about something else. but you know how we have the reading lamp in the front dome lamp? i apparently broke the socket for the reading light. I was wondering what that was called. Also can you take it out and take a pic of it for me?

Quote Originally Posted by michaelmrbenzy View Post
    this is about something else. but you know how we have the reading lamp in the front dome lamp? i apparently broke the socket for the reading light. I was wondering what that was called. Also can you take it out and take a pic of it for me?

is this the one your talking about? I dont use it, you could just rip it out of any normal W202. I would look in a junkyard nearby, of course, call ahead. C230's, C280s.

yes that square light... somehow i don't remember those wires on the left side... I appreciate your help bro!

Sure, thats what Club202 is all about! Free tech support!!!! Lol Hope you fix your problem.

lol yeah i know fail right

I couldnt find a LED reading light bulb, so I dont even use the thing. My Dome LED's are enough I suppose.

i am going to led that too, but the main reason why i want to get the part is if I decide to sell my W202 which i highly doubt I don't want people to be like oh it's missing a part... you know what i mean? i looked at mine and mine looks totally different idk why... pre-face lift and post-face lift W202s must use different sockets...

What year is your car? Mine is a 2000 C230K. Probably the reason why.

If you want a sure fire way to back your car up when and if you decide to sell it, start a maintenance book or records, keep all receipts you do for your car. Alignments, oil changes, filter changes, etc. date it, record mileage, etc. I do all that in a composition notebook. I record everything I do to the car.

My friend bought a LexusIS300, Thing has every reciept for everything done to the car since 2001, and he bought the car in 2010. He said he was sold that the owner loved the car and it had proof that it was in the most excellent shape at just shy of 110K miles. Just my two cents on the matter.

Mine is a 1995 C220. Most likely I won't though because I love my car so much! Not only that but I want to fix it asap before my dad realizes I broke the socket lol

haha, Well I wish you the best of luck. I would scour a junkyard for 95 202's. Maybe their sockets are the same.

Here are some pictures of my '97 C200 with the Philips Daylight 4's fitted,
    more pics can be found here http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w202...-lights-2.html I hope I'm not breaking any rules by supplying a link to another Forum.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DRL-7.JPG 
Views:	144 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	194   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DRL-8.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	195  
    Last edited by glenn55; 08-20-2011 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by glenn55 View Post
    Here are some pictures of my '97 C200 with the Philips Daylight 4's fitted,
    more pics can be found here http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w202...ng-lights.html I hope I'm not breaking any rules by supplying a link to another Forum.
    Looks nice, You just attached those to the net ?

Yes, they are attached directly to the plastic grill, I made up a plate which goes behind the grill to make a more solid mounting.
    By removing the covers which allow access to the tow hook (one each side) you can just put your hand in behind the grills to get to the nuts for the mounting bolts, very easy if you have small hands. Hope this answers the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Yujin View Post
    Not better lighting unfortunately. But than again I got cheap aftermarkets. Not OEM. But hey, it does look nice and worth the money if ur going for looks vs actual upgrade
    I think they look cool. Might put em on my car

I think the light look much better in the inverted position - seem to fit the contour of the openings better - just a matter of taste.

Quote Originally Posted by walterk55 View Post
    I think the light look much better in the inverted position - seem to fit the contour of the openings better - just a matter of taste.
    Doesn't fit the opening of the facelift model. I tried. I would have perfered it that way.
    My W202 2000 C230 Kompressor
    Like us on Facebook!
    MODS: Magnaflow 14833 | OEM Sport White Gauges | OEM Faux Carbon Fiber Trim | OEM Sport Steering Wheel | CLK320 Airbox | LED Interior Lighting | 6K HID Headlights | L-Shaped Daytime Running Lights | 22' Kicker Subwoofer | 3M Carbon Fiber Di-Noc Door Pillars | Amber Corners | K&N Airbox Filter |

Quote Originally Posted by Yujin View Post
    MikeD,

Heres the end product, it turns heads at night, not kidding either. Wouldnt be surprised if the rice rocketeer's buy a set. All and all, very fun project - but I blew out my HID's from terrible wiring on my side, but fixed it. Here they are... A tight fit, not going to lie.

As you can tell, they are upside down becuase of the way my fog lamp sockets are designed, but no problem, I just put them the other way - still stylish

Hi, would you mind share you installation steps ?