Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What have you fixed on your 202 lately?

Replaced my stock OEM (US) tail light lens with Euro I bought from Speedy230.

planned to get my carlsson 1/6 refinished!

Dammit fellas u guys r on it I gtta get my shit together keep up the good work

My lil 96 c280. Head back on after valve job and new head gaskit and one of the cam cap bolts broke. Just recieved all 28 will be installing this afternoon, along with new vacum hoses under intake. Water pump on order. Have request in for ac clutch on auto parts nationwide search engine.

Bringing up the topic !

Last week i fixed the rear headrest drop vacuum, turned out my EGR valve that i had closed was leaking.

Replace rear cradle and all the arms lol

Two radiator hoses and a camshaft position sensor. Two knock sensors and lower ball joints are next.
    ====================
    VISIT THE W201nW202 YOUTUBE PAGE:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/W201n202

1999 Mercedes C230 Kompressor / Rust Bucket, No MODS
    2001 Mercedes E430 Sport
    2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid
    ====================

New passenger side lower control arm and wheel baring. New pads all around

replaced wiper blades... ready for winter!!

tires, center support bearing, Custom headers, ac fan blower, valve seals reaplaced, trans fluid
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

Wish I had pictures for this, but repaired shift module ribbon and board, replaced instrument cluster ribbons, Connected the vacuum line at the Y-fitting, repaired broken pass. front door courtesy switch, greased wiper mechanism, topped off with an oil change.

Recovered a, b, c pillars and headliner with suede.

Quote Originally Posted by W202FTW View Post
    Two radiator hoses and a camshaft position sensor. Two knock sensors and lower ball joints are next.
    knock sensors ? are they broke or your just want new ones to be safe? what about cam sensor, did it throw a code or you being safe?

Quote Originally Posted by Inzombia View Post
    repaired broken pass. front door courtesy switch,.
    what is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Greeno View Post
    Recovered a, b, c pillars and headliner with suede.
    that must look pretty sweet. you should post pics!

I havnt done shit to my 2k 230 sport komp. its turning into a beater. its dented to hell! seriously its turned into a ghetto benz. and its kind of embarrasing driving it on a nice summer so cal day.

my last repair was a costly Shift level modual. It is said to blow out if you spill a drink in your shift lever area, which I had done MANY years ago and it locked my car in park, I violently shifted the car from Park to drive and broke that thing that stops u from doing this and it was fine ever since! My car had serious transmission problems and I was scared to crap like a cry baby (a blown auto transmission will do this to any man!) it was stuck in 1st gear! perhaps limp mode.

prevously to this problem, I was drifting my car in the rain getting the car completly vertical. I think rain had splashed up into the shift lever mechanism or possibly i forgot my sunroof in the vent position.

had to take the car to the Dealer to get checked by the star diagnosis machine. I was out of options. but to justify the expensive of having the star system check I had the stop brake light switched by dealer, which could also cause the car to be stuck in 1st gear. I got in a fight with the service rep just because i wanted to.

anyways, dealer told me shift lever was 1k to buy and install. I found one online for 500bux , and btw most places didnt want to sell me one w\o VIN verification and you have to do this in person to show proof of over ship. the first place I bought from couldnt contact me to tell me they couldnt ship , I didnt want to give out my phone number at time of purchase. this caused 3 weeks delay of no car. called around again and this place sold to me as is in genuine MB parts box 500$.

picked my car up from dealer, drove it down the street in 1st gear 6000rpm one block away in a parking lot and fixed the lever in 5min with 4 of those allen lock out bolts.

everything that has broke on my car was from me fuckin around with shit, I have a big list. if I was a normal person, this car would have had no problems besides normal wear and tear.

Quote Originally Posted by afronumeric View Post
    knock sensors ? are they broke or your just want new ones to be safe? what about cam sensor, did it throw a code or you being safe?
    Both knock sensors went out and the cam sensor went out too.
    ====================

2001 Mercedes E430 Sport
    2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid
    ====================

Back again after i posted a new thread on starting issues. Short and sweet. I had to seperately ground all 3 coils well linked them all to the block, for a good ground. Now the booger startes great. Will be buying a water pump soon the rebuilt one i got the bearings are already shot. Next on the list is the drag linkage. The outer ends have a little bit to much play for me. Almost forgot, got my alpine ida-x305 in and loving it the apine mrp 4 channel amp due in this week!!!!Let's keep em rollin!!
    Last edited by taz069; 12-31-2012 at 12:58 PM. Reason: for got a sentence

Both front lower ball joints, both tie rods and a drag link. Will be replacing the front camber bolts and doing an alignment right afterwards ( necessary after replacing the drag link ).
    ====================

2001 Mercedes E430 Sport
    2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid
    ====================

Quote Originally Posted by W202FTW View Post
    Both front lower ball joints, both tie rods and a drag link. Will be replacing the front camber bolts and doing an alignment right afterwards ( necessary after replacing the drag link ).
    How does it feel with the renewed ball joints, tie rods and drag link?? Feels good i bet ::thumbs up::
    1999 C230K Sport
    Upsolute Chip
    BMC Airfilter

Quote Originally Posted by Goldeni245 View Post
    How does it feel with the renewed ball joints, tie rods and drag link?? Feels good i bet ::thumbs up::
    It's nice to not hear any ball joint rattle whenever I go over a bump.
    ====================

2001 Mercedes E430 Sport
    2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid
    ====================

Since June '11 of owning my 202? Replaced a heavily leaking valve cover gasket, replaced rear brake rotors, replaced all brake pads with ceramic ones, got factory keyless entry system working (was inoperable at purchase, expensive fix there along with-dealer only flip key), replaced destroyed driver door lock from prior theft, replaced corner markers twice....once because some ******* yanked one out in the Walmart parking lot while I was in the store, second time because the passenger side one flew off at 120 mph-ish speed.

Things needing replaced still: Car is burning through about a quart of oil each month. When I park it sometimes there's burnt oil smoke coming from the lower part of the engine, I think it's coming from the oil pan gasket. EGR needs replaced, severe rattling from an exhaust part at speeds under 5mph or when idling parked (despite stock exhaust being completely removed for custom one), gas gauge occasionally goes on strike and doesn't read the right fuel level....then magically works again, pretty much the whole front end of my car thanks to recent accident by my mother backing into my 202....ugh!

2 fixes I NEED to do but can't figure out where they're coming from: some sort of occasional buzzing sound coming from the front interior dome lights, some kind of incredibly annoying squeak keeps coming from the back seat when I hit a bump, a rough road or a pothole. If I could fix that one, I think my life span will be increased by about 20 years because that damn squeak annoys the hell out of me on long trips....
    Last edited by vixen_w202; 01-12-2013 at 11:26 AM.
    96 Black C280 (Black Vixen) - Sold/Retired 10/13

I no longer own a w202 and I kick myself in the head every day for it...

Got my water pump put on and the squealling went away!! Atleast this one has a life time warrenty from car quest 160$ later. Also got my alpine amp hooked up. It pushes the lil stock bose pretty good well a lil to good. Had to turn down the gains. Hehe

Finished the rewire on the coil pacs their be a pic in my thread starting issues. I did the lower ball joints a few weeks ago. Just waiting on my bazooka (bta 10200)to come in to finish off the stereo for now.

Quote Originally Posted by vixen_w202 View Post
    Since June '11 of owning my 202? Replaced a heavily leaking valve cover gasket, replaced rear brake rotors, replaced all brake pads with ceramic ones, got factory keyless entry system working (was inoperable at purchase, expensive fix there along with-dealer only flip key), replaced destroyed driver door lock from prior theft, replaced corner markers twice....once because some ******* yanked one out in the Walmart parking lot while I was in the store, second time because the passenger side one flew off at 120 mph-ish speed.

Things needing replaced still: Car is burning through about a quart of oil each month. When I park it sometimes there's burnt oil smoke coming from the lower part of the engine, I think it's coming from the oil pan gasket. EGR needs replaced, severe rattling from an exhaust part at speeds under 5mph or when idling parked (despite stock exhaust being completely removed for custom one), gas gauge occasionally goes on strike and doesn't read the right fuel level....then magically works again, pretty much the whole front end of my car thanks to recent accident by my mother backing into my 202....ugh!

2 fixes I NEED to do but can't figure out where they're coming from: some sort of occasional buzzing sound coming from the front interior dome lights, some kind of incredibly annoying squeak keeps coming from the back seat when I hit a bump, a rough road or a pothole. If I could fix that one, I think my life span will be increased by about 20 years because that damn squeak annoys the hell out of me on long trips....
    Fire the car up and stand behind the rear bumper. If you hear that buzzing noise that's going to be your fuel pump. Also, jack the rear end up and look for leaking shocks and cracked springs.
    ====================

2001 Mercedes E430 Sport
    2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid
    ====================