View Poll Results: What weekend works best for you?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sunday Oct. 26th

4 44.44%
  • Weekend of the 31st Fri or Sat

2 22.22%
  • Weekend of the 7th Fri or Sat

1 11.11%
  • Weekend of the 14th Fri or Sat

2 22.22%

Thread: Is your suspension higher on one side than the other?

Question Is your suspension higher on one side than the other?

Not sure if you guys already have noticed this, but a lot of cars are higher on side than the other. Check the fender gaps on all four corners.

Not sure if ALL cars are like this....but my car has always been like this. So has my friend's BMW, as well as his Honda.

In fact, we went to a BMW driving clinic and the Bimmers there were also higher on one side....

Same goes for many of the cars in the parking lot!

So we thought maybe this was to compensate for the driver...since our cars were higher on the left side.

But other cars were also higher on the right....there appeared to be no consistency to this.

So, has anyone else noticed this....and does anyone know why this is?

On purpose?

Manufacturing issue?

Bad springs/shocks?

Worn spring pads?

We thought worn suspension components were a factor, but we doubt it as the 2003 M5 we checked out also was higher on one side.

So with this in mind....

Is this a problem?
    Can we do something to correct this?
    Is handling affected?

This has not been a problem per se...but it's more of a nusance than anything else for the moment. Of course we want a perfect car!!!

Hmm..hard to choose betwen option 1 and 2 kamer hahaha

My car is higher on the passenger side.
    2005 TSX Graphite Pearl Auto With NAVI
    Autostart Autostarter
    Progress Rear Sway Bar
    USDM Bodykit
    USDM Foglights

1997 AMG C36 (RIP Thank God)
    OEM Bosche Clear Corners
    OEM AdvanteGarde Grill
    Bilstein Sport Shocks
    Eibach Springs
    Zender rear lip spoiler
    Speedybenz custom rear camber arms
    W210 mirrors

DAMMIT!! My bad Rocky!

Ok guys.....please consider option #2 for the RIGHT side!!

Actually, can a moderator change this for me?

I was thinking it would be wear..... but you said the 03 M3 was like this too..

So my next guess is.... probably not allt he suspension components are within spec?? Maybe each spring is off by a 1mm or something int hat area? Not all of the components were created equally??

Now you got me wondering.....

The right rear on mine is 3mm lower than the left. Probably some suspension wear that was replaced on the left but not right, being that my car is older than yours. Oddly, in the front it's the same on both sides, even though the H&R's have been cut 1/2 a coil. The rear has not been cut.

OG Moderator
    Yes

That's why

I just readjusted my rear suspension couple weeks ago..
    by putting different pad

So right now my rear is

left (driver side) pad # 3 (201 part) the thickest pad available for the rear

right (passenger side) pad # 2 (201 part) double stacked with pad #1(210 part)

Now they pretty my much even, even though (now the differences of left-right is about 3mm)

before it was about 8mm different

The front seems to be the same height (still 1/2 coil H&R spring)
    with pad#3 (210 part) on both sides

I think the rear has some discrepancy due to one of the rear wheel being the main drive wheel, the fact that the car didn't come with LSD, if you do brake stand you will see that only the left wheel will keep turning.

Regardz,
    J Irwan by AMG........Motorsport.

The driver side usually sits lower becuase of the steering colum. Its like this on alotta cars, someone asked the same Question on Mbworlg.org and this is what someone said.
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

i had that problem...my driver side rear was 1.5 inches higher....

I was like what da crap, then i noticed the mechanics did not instal the spring properly, so i took it back tot he shop, and its all even now

Elvir
    Baaa

Talking slanting car

My 1994 Euro C180 was leaning on the front right(driver's side). I noticed this many times and didn't know what to do about it. Then I saw my indie and he suggested changing the pads so this was done and the front is now levelled out. He said this could have been caused by driver only use of the car for long periods. The PO must have weighed a ton! However, the shocks feel a bit hard and I am about to investigate with a shocker tester giving a printout of the wheel up and down movements. May change all or a few shocks to get the smooth floaty feel I yearn for.

Thanks for your feedback everyone. I'll see if I can have my mechanic take a look at this and even out my suspension.

I guess this is "typical", as almost all the cars in a new car lot also sit uneven.

Very strange. If it's suspension wear, then i understand. But if it's due to a less-than-ideal installation....it's so obvious in some cases i'm suprised these cars even leave the factory!

You guys need adjustable spring perches. That way you can set ride ht in like 10 mins. and make it equal from one side to next.

This weekend I lowered the front of my car 1/2" and it took maybe 10min.

Maybe I can do a story on how to make the perches and then you can take the data to a machine shop and have them build it for you. The rears are pretty simple and the fronts a little harder to make.

Jeff
    1999 C43 Obsidian Black; Penske Remote Adjustable Shocks; Adjustable Spring Perches; SSR Comp Wheels, 9.5 & 9.5x17\"; Custom 31.75mm front & 19mm rear swaybar; Ported Manifold; Limited Slip Differential, Headers and race Cats, Other Stuff

Just wanted to update this thread and say I FINALLY had my Konis installed hoping this would correct my uneven rear suspension. But it did not change anything. My left rear is still lower than the opposite side.

I will have the springs checked out and the rear Spring pads replaced soon and see what happens.

Funny thing is with the new shocks, my right rear now sits almost even with the front in terms of fender gap. Before the rear was almost no gap and the car looked slanted back. But now I like the right side!

The left side looks like the rear is slammed still

Jeff, I think you should add adjustable spring perches to your product line

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by speedybenz
    You guys need adjustable spring perches. That way you can set ride ht in like 10 mins. and make it equal from one side to next.

This weekend I lowered the front of my car 1/2" and it took maybe 10min.

Maybe I can do a story on how to make the perches and then you can take the data to a machine shop and have them build it for you. The rears are pretty simple and the fronts a little harder to make.

Jeff
    Do it jeff, i really want some stiffer springs
    Got BRABUS?

My right front is about 10 mm higher than my left front. The rear is even.

I think my problem is due to a bent steering knuckle from an accident. Hopefully it will fix it when I replace it.

If your parents paid for it, it ain\'t yours!
    My EP Benz - HoP Supercharged/MBenzNL on Board
    MySpace/Josh Keaton Music