Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Carbon Fiber (The poor mans way)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
    That is so much different than US W202s, but then again, I guess there's no need for a huge armrest when you're shifting gears.
    No no, no difference from the us w202s, This ones just a c180 classic manual. Which doesnt come with the armrest, where as the elegance or sport versions do. Im actually in the middle of purchasing an armrest because I like the comfort! and i need a cup holder!

Quote Originally Posted by W202FTW View Post
    Awesome wrap job ypkx

Now only if we got manual transmissions over across the pond =(
    Thanks man!

Oh, you dont? I guess thats what mikeD meant..?

Now you guys need to do the door trims, dashboard trim!
    1997 C280 Sport

i think thats it for me, i cant be dealing with too much of this carbon fiber nonsense!
    I like the trims on my car as it is standard is best!

Ill see if I have enough left over, I ordered a 90 x 38. Lol
    My W202 2000 C230 Kompressor
    Like us on Facebook!
    MODS: Magnaflow 14833 | OEM Sport White Gauges | OEM Faux Carbon Fiber Trim | OEM Sport Steering Wheel | CLK320 Airbox | LED Interior Lighting | 6K HID Headlights | L-Shaped Daytime Running Lights | 22' Kicker Subwoofer | 3M Carbon Fiber Di-Noc Door Pillars | Amber Corners | K&N Airbox Filter |

If that's in inches then you should just wrap the roof... haha

Quote Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
    If that's in inches then you should just wrap the roof... haha
    someone should do this.

i think it will determine whether or not i will do it too.
    At the moment, im swaying more to 'no, dont do it'

I dont think it will look good on a silver car haha, maybe a black or white car, but not silver.
    Like us on Facebook!
    MODS: Magnaflow 14833 | OEM Sport White Gauges | OEM Faux Carbon Fiber Trim | OEM Sport Steering Wheel | CLK320 Airbox | LED Interior Lighting | 6K HID Headlights | L-Shaped Daytime Running Lights | 22' Kicker Subwoofer | 3M Carbon Fiber Di-Noc Door Pillars | Amber Corners | K&N Airbox Filter |

I actually think it'd look really good on a silver car if and only if it had a high gloss clear coat to go over it. The dry carbon fiber look on the outside of my car is sort of beginning to bother me...

Ive noticed my door seals look a bit tatty too, so, my next mini project is to give it a little CF love. pictures soon

I just got my CF today, 60x36 instead of 90 like I previously said, now I dont know what to do with it :/... Thinking about selling it.
    Like us on Facebook!

on the little things man! get creative

I just took the cowards way out and bought all the OEM carbon fiber pieces

Like us on Facebook!

I fitted my arm rest today Apart from how sticky and dirty the leather top is.. I am fulfilled.

I'm gonna be the guy who bumps an old topic, but Yujin brother, where did you get that OEM Carbon Fiber ish? How hard to install? Price? I NEED DETAILS!
    May 2010 - July 2012: 2000 C230K, Highly modded, 142xxx miles, SOLD
    July 2012 - Present : 98 C43, 109xxx miles, H&R Springs, Eurocharged ECU Tune, AMG style pedals, aftermarket CD player.

you can but the wrap and just wrap it yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by C43inNC View Post
    I'm gonna be the guy who bumps an old topic, but Yujin brother, where did you get that OEM Carbon Fiber ish? How hard to install? Price? I NEED DETAILS!
    I would try to secure the trim from that C230K sport being parted out in the classifieds...

I found all mine at a junkyard.

If all else fails... Ebay. but the price will be over powered haha.

It was easy to install actually, but uh, not sure if you wanna do it on the C43 since it requires a little roughness (my door handles are now loose on the inside). Its not a hard hard install, just time consuming and technique. Lol...

Its called Faux carbon fiber trim.

Hope this helps amigo.
    Like us on Facebook!

So when u order the 3M CF, is the back sticky at all? Or is it not sticky until u use a heat gun or hair dryer?

I have a sport. But i dont really like the sport CF. it looks kinda cheap to be honest, and my outside pillars are faded so i might as well do those too
    "anyone can drive a new car, it takes a true enthusiast to breath life into an older one"

No, they stick on contact. But you should use a heat gun around corners, and to make it 'stretchy'. I did my pillars myself, came out very good
    Like us on Facebook!

Oooo so they stick right away hu. Is it easy to mess up? Can u peel it off and re stick if u mess up?
    "anyone can drive a new car, it takes a true enthusiast to breath life into an older one"

Use a heat gun for that Lol.
    Like us on Facebook!

I just got the carbon fiber interior trim pieces from a 202 at the scrapyard. It was a pain in the ass to remove. Looks like installing this into my car is going to be a pain in the ass.

http://www.club202.com/forums/showth...-W202-interior

Selling mine, never put on, brand new, pre-cut!
    May 2010 - July 2012: 2000 C230K, Highly modded, 142xxx miles, SOLD
    July 2012 - Present : 98 C43, 109xxx miles, H&R Springs, Eurocharged ECU Tune, AMG style pedals, aftermarket CD player.

Quote Originally Posted by ypkx View Post
    I fitted my arm rest today Apart from how sticky and dirty the leather top is.. I am fulfilled.

damn that looks clean, makes me wanna redo my stock sport CF

Look at my genuine carbon fiber liners.

With old radio

Door liners

Comparison to oem carbon-plastic.

Clean. Whered you get them?