Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cf trim

cf trim

i'm looking at replacing all the wood grain with the carbon fiber trim and ideas where to get it from without making it myself?

I found all my through a local junkyard. Plus the center piece off of Ebay.

Also, I realize you didnt want my CF piece becuase of the extra buttons, just so you know, as a suggestion, if your big into mods for your car, you can always wire those buttons to lights. I tried to do the same in a similiar fashion but couldnt becuase I couldnt use the piece haha (Double din wont work in my car becuase of my AC controls). But point is, if you do find another piece similiar but 'extra' buttons, dont throw it away, you can still install it, you will just have useless buttons lol.

I can probably get you all the side door trimmings and maybe the upper console piece (the long piece that stretches from driver to passenger) for 100$ + S/h, maybe if the car is still around.

But yeah, good luck on that, hope this helps.
    Last edited by Yujin; 08-27-2011 at 07:35 AM.
    My W202 2000 C230 Kompressor
    Like us on Facebook!
    MODS: Magnaflow 14833 | OEM Sport White Gauges | OEM Faux Carbon Fiber Trim | OEM Sport Steering Wheel | CLK320 Airbox | LED Interior Lighting | 6K HID Headlights | L-Shaped Daytime Running Lights | 22' Kicker Subwoofer | 3M Carbon Fiber Di-Noc Door Pillars | Amber Corners | K&N Airbox Filter |

yea if you could get the trim pieces thatd be awesome plus if your in mass i could meet you and grab them right from you without the s/h

Yeah Im in MA, I hope your ready for this hurricane Lol. But yeah, after the storm, and if I can make some time, ill try n go to the junkyard and retrieve all that good stuff. I'll let you know.
    Like us on Facebook!
    MODS: Magnaflow 14833 | OEM Sport White Gauges | OEM Faux Carbon Fiber Trim | OEM Sport Steering Wheel | CLK320 Airbox | LED Interior Lighting | 6K HID Headlights | L-Shaped Daytime Running Lights | 22' Kicker Subwoofer | 3M Carbon Fiber Di-Noc Door Pillars | Amber Corners | K&N Airbox Filter |

i'm already getting hit by it in the south east lol just trying to avoid all the dead trees i can b ut yea that would be great if you could and i wouldnt really to much about dead switches btu all i want to do in the interior is the carbon fiber trim and led lights

im trying to get a picture up of the worst part but it won't work

Yikes, Be careful broham, dont wanna crash in MA, theres a tax on that Lol
    Like us on Facebook!

haha yea now how do you upload pics i cant figure it out im completely new to this forum stuff

Well, You can use photobucket, thats what I use, and use the direct link and use the 'picture' button thats under the quick reply.
    Like us on Facebook!

sun damage really sucks but it was like that when i got it

My god that is nasty haha, I remember in my C280 it was like that to. Pissed me off. Yeah, I'm not entirely sure that they made the CF trim for 95's, it would almost be worth buying CF and than applying it yourself. Judging by your interior, I would go with a nice silver CF, it would look boss in your car. I know a good place you can get it for cheaper than what 3M retails it at, and they give you a very good amount 60x36 for 80$, which alone retails at somewhere like 120$ for 3M Di-Noc. Just something to be aware of, if you have a good weekend to spare and basic tools, you can get it done.
    Like us on Facebook!

yea its just way to cracked up i'd have to sand it down then nothing would line up right cause some spots are cracked right down to the real wood underneath

Yeah, I never done CF trim on a cracked wood thing, but your probably right, it wont come out right. I'm going to look more into it and let you know. I'd like to help you more with this, but I'd recommend going the actual CF Di-Noc way, you will be much more pleased and happier with it. If there is a CF Trim for the 95, i've never seen it, and if someone else can chime in, i'd like to know.

Last edited by Yujin; 08-27-2011 at 05:37 PM.
    Like us on Facebook!

yea i'd rather get the carbon fiber replacement but if i have too i'll just a new trim piece and have to try covering it. it would look much better which the gray interior instead of the wood grain though

i don't have anywhere near the amount of buttons on some of these other dashs either

Snap, its been so long since I stepped foot inside a C280. Yeah, CF Di-Noc is the way to go in my honest opinion. The silver would look badass, or you can get black, or even dark gray.
    Like us on Facebook!

dam didn't want to go that way but if i have too then i have no choice

There is no better feeling, than 3M Di-Noc CF, it feels and acts amazing. You wont regret it, but as I have said, i never seen the CF trim for a 95, if someone else can chime in i'm sure its available somewhere on the intrawebs or some junkyard in MA. It wouldnt look right to have MB CF trim with 3M CF trim, the thing doesnt match unfortunatley.
    Like us on Facebook!

yea well if worse comes to worse i'll just get new trim and wrap it

you need to have a smooth surface when you apply the 3M CF. Otherwise you'll end up with bumps and uneven surface.

good luck.

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive.

Applying 3M CF on that surface will not end up looking right.
    You're better off looking around in junkyard near where you are.

That's pretty bad condition.

Quote Originally Posted by 95mbC280 View Post
    sun damage really sucks but it was like that when i got it

is the wood cracked? mine had cracks in the lacquer only, so i just had to sand down and respray. you can then apply 3m to that smooth surfrace.

its just the lacquer thats cracked but in a few spots its gone completely

if you have a sander handy, put 320 grit and sand until smooth. the wood is pretty strong. give it a go. you can stain the wood after, then lacquer it. if your not pleased with the result, you can always do the 3m di-noc wrap.

looks like you need to repair your window controls. the child lock seems to be broken.