Thread: Coin Tray

Coin Tray

Has anybody fabricated or had made a piece to mount over the coin tray area to lay flat to miunt switches, other stuff etc? any pics advice mounting ideas?! thanks guys!!!
    99 c280 (WHITE)
    In the midst of modding.

(list of stuff too long...just link to your gallery thread)

sorry let me specify a little bit the big grey thing (rubberish) directly under the stereo slot. (not the one way below) thanks!
    99 c280 (WHITE)
    In the midst of modding.

OG Moderator
    I have my Valentine 1 radar detector display over there.

I don't have a camera to show you what I did, but I have my satellite radio display down in that pocket.
    \"Children in the front seat can cause accidents, accidents in the back seat can cause children!\"

sweet deal, but im lookin to do a complete cover over it so it is flush like a panel. hey pnsji while your here i had a ? for ya... im just about at the point of installing x box in the trunk and i need a good spot to wire up the inverter to a 12v source in the trunk can you reccomend a good wire to splice into for it? thanks... (i dont think you can go direct from the battery, id rather splice in on a existing wire. well any help would be appreciated! thanks!
    99 c280 (WHITE)
    In the midst of modding.

OG Moderator
    Go directly from the battery is better. Run your own power wires.

so i can just cut off the cig adapt. and run some back and red hookup wire tapped off the battery to it? any special gauge needed or will like 18 or 16 gauge do the trick? thanks!!!
    99 c280 (WHITE)
    In the midst of modding.

I have climate controll

Fabricating a flat panel there insnt that hard to do. I suggest you pull it out and cut a piece of thin acrylic the shape of the opening and bond it to the coin tray. You can get creative on how you want to cover it. But for the basics of making a panel in front it shouldnt be more than 30 mins.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by 1SIKBNZ
    so i can just cut off the cig adapt. and run some back and red hookup wire tapped off the battery to it? any special gauge needed or will like 18 or 16 gauge do the trick? thanks!!!
    I am not sure what are you trying to do here.
    Your XBOX is in the trunk
    then wire from the xbox to the battery.

Ive got my Alpine DSP graphic thingy in my coin slot, fits perfectly!

not a very good pic, just one i had
    Alps
    C36 AMG 1997 18\" Mono II, Light Smoke tints, Avantgarde grill, folding dimming 210 mirrors, H&R`s, Alpine Multimedia, Soundstream, OEM Xenons more to come.....

yeahhh mini discs!
    KingMotorCar - Where Reputation is Everything.

What type of inverter are you speaking of. A cheap laptop 100w inverter that plugs into the cig lighter, or a real inverter that gets power from the battery. Let us know, then we can give you a run down on the install.