Thread: C43 Rotors/Brakes Replacement

C43 Rotors/Brakes Replacement

Deleted! Courtesy of NON-constructive criticism!
    Last edited by Law Rens; 11-17-2011 at 03:06 PM.
    A certain JRE is a cranky old man lol
    98 Glacier White c230
    98 Obsidian Black c43

That's the problem with you guys owning a C43. When it's time to replacing the brakes. You guys got shock on how much will it cost to replace the rotors and brake pads. Face it, you own a Mercedez and not an el chepo car.
    Last edited by JRE320; 11-16-2011 at 08:29 PM.
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

That is so true.

Quote Originally Posted by JRE320 View Post
    That's the problem with you guys owing a C43. When it's time to replacing the brakes. You guys got shock on how much will it cost to replace the rotors and brake pads. Face it, you own a mercedez and not a el chepo car.

get c32 calipers and pads/ rotors

Quote Originally Posted by JRE320 View Post
    That's the problem with you guys owning a C43. When it's time to replacing the brakes. You guys got shock on how much will it cost to replace the rotors and brake pads. Face it, you own a Mercedez and not an el chepo car.
    Okay, so I decide to experiment with an alternative for brakes with detailed documentation included, in case anyone would be interested in this method, and instead you criticize me for it? Furthermore, I was never shocked to begin with; I already knew what it was going to cost for a fixed transmission, brakes, constant valve cover gasket replacements. But that doesn't mean I'm going to shell out every penny for it when it's not needed. It's just a c43, not a Porsche.
    Last edited by Law Rens; 03-04-2012 at 10:02 PM.
    A certain JRE is a cranky old man lol
    98 Glacier White c230
    98 Obsidian Black c43

And what kind of Porsche would you be referring to? Brake repair or maintenance (and maybe upgrade) may cost just the same in both cars. I replaced mine (993 and E55) using OEM parts not too long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Law Rens View Post
    Okay, so I decide to experiment with an alternative for brakes with detailed documentation included, in case anyone would be interested in this method, and instead you criticize me for it? Furthermore, I was never shocked to begin with; I already knew what it was going to cost for a fixed transmission, brakes, constant valve cover gasket replacements. But that doesn't mean I'm going to shell out every penny for it when it's not needed. It's just a c43, not a Porsche.

Thanks to responses like yours, it looks like I wont be posting on club202 anymore.

In Charge
    Why replace a brake system that outperforms a Ferrari 355?

I can understand if you went all crazy with engine mods and need more stopping power, but just an alternative to explore? Not really worth it, or smart.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

Get some good quality pads, flush brake fluid with high temp fluid and your ready to go. Before upgrading the brakes take some track training, remove all the junk in the car, get some lighter rims and you will be amazed with the difference. I agree seeing some nice BIG brakes in the wheels is cool but is it really necessary? I don't think so, not unless you are aiming to track the car.

I'm in the same position, I want to upgrade my C43 brakes. Not because they aren't good enough, mostly because how old outdated they look compared to what Mercedes has put out since. If I'm going to spend money replacing anything at this point I would consider a little more to also make them look better as well. I will look at the C32 setup if that's
    the logical next step up.
    1998 C43 White w/blue & black leather, xenons and more.
    MODS: 18\" SSR GT3\'s 8\'s front/ 9\'s rear. Custom cross-drilled AMG rotors
    w/red calipers. H&R sport springs and Koni yellows, avantgarde grill, custom blue CF interior trim, Llumar
    35% Tint. Clear corners, 2) K&N
    filters. Blaup/Chicago
    7\" monitor DVD w/ 5:1 surround, Pioneer center channel, JL Audio W7 8\" sub w/Memphis 500W amp,
    illum. door sills and alum. AMG pedals.
    MODS coming: It might be for sale.

The c32 rotors are smaller, though. I thought people only switched to them because the rotors are way cheaper than c43 rotors?
    94 C280, 250k miles, 1999-2011 (gone, never forgotten)
    CURRENT:
    744 Silver 99 C43 AMG, 260k miles, 2011-
    040 Black 98 C43 AMG, 190k miles, 2013-

Quote Originally Posted by Sulaco View Post
    The c32 rotors are smaller, though. I thought people only switched to them because the rotors are way cheaper than c43 rotors?
    c32 rotors are bigger than c43 rotors but more lightweight I guess?
    C32 are 345 mm IIRC
    C43 are 334 mm

I have a brand new set of C32 calipers and rotors awaiting for my C43 when I do the swap.
    I hope I didn't waysted my monie on this purchase making my car brake worse with c32 stuff??!!
    Car will look more cool with the AMG logo but question is if it was worth buying the stuff?

Sorry to dig out this thread, but "Pops" wanted to reply to Kowalski and remind him that c32 rotors are 330mm and not 345mm. So they are indeed SMALLER and less thick too than the 334mm for the c43.

Quote Originally Posted by DRBC43AMG View Post
    Sorry to dig out this thread, but "Pops" wanted to reply to Kowalski and remind him that c32 rotors are 330mm and not 345mm. So they are indeed SMALLER and less thick too than the 334mm for the c43.
    hey man, outer diameter must be a bit larger on c32 than c43, ain't that so???
    maybe sportspackage on regular w203 has the 330mm rotors and AMG is a tad larger 345mm???
    AMG wouldn't go backwards (smaller) on rotor diameter at least what I think???