Thread: Newbie with a over abused C220.. Needs help!~

Newbie with a over abused C220.. Needs help!~

Recently I bought a 96 c220(pre-update). The problems list is abundant but I'll get into that later..

PROBLEM: My driver window will roll up but will not roll down.. Ive searched every possible window related search on here without any luck.

Ive checked the motor, its fine. I removed the center console and examined, looks ok and the fuses are good. When I push the button I hhear (what I assume is the control module in the trunk) clicking.

The module in the trunk by the battery (big sucker) has failed on mine. It failed years ago. Took it apart and cleaned all the contacts, resoldered some cold solder joints. But the weakest point is the wire harness that plugs into it. Be gentle. Leave it plugged in while you work on it, I recommend. If you screw up that harness, you have to rip out the entire body harness. You can buy one new for $3500.
    94 C280, 250k miles, 1999-2011 (gone, never forgotten)
    CURRENT:
    744 Silver 99 C43 AMG, 260k miles, 2011-
    040 Black 98 C43 AMG, 190k miles, 2013-

Thanks for the info.. I removed the module and repaired what looks like a inter circuit fuse. I assume it was the reverse polarity side of the front driver window.. After the repair everything works fine..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0014.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	243  

Having the same prob more or less with my 96 c280. Before modual replacement window would not operate at all. Replaced with a used modual from a 95. Now window goes down not up. In using your pic as a reference the mod i have now is the exact same one. Minus the blacked jumper. Question being is there a jumper spot where the wires connect to actually test the up side of the coil? Will be checking the wire connections tomorrow. Thanks