Thread: magna flow muffler with sport rear bumper

magna flow muffler with sport rear bumper

i just bought chewys muffler and i was wondering everyone who has the sport type bumper like me , is it necessary to cut the bumper like i have seen in the past or if i put it underneath it will it be too low.....i would appriciate pictures if you have them and would like to know how you cut them if you did...i was thinking of using a jig that i would make and use a router to cut it since since the router would give a flawless cut...using a airsaw might make it look bad....
    99 C230 KOMPRESSOR SPORT (SOLD)
    98 C43 AMG (SOLD)

Just trace where you want to cut. Put tape on the outline. Cut with a dremel, ect..

No reason to try & do it free hand.
    1989 240sx
    Driftbitch

wasn't going to do it free hand..i was going to tape it off IF i cut it. i figure i could make a jig and use a reverse bit on my router and it will cut it smoothly...but if i m carelful i could use a dremel ..only thing with a dremel i would have to use a bit instead of a cutting wheel ....dont need the wheel to slip you know
    98 C43 AMG (SOLD)

OG Moderator
    I have often wondered how others have approached this issue and we all will be interested in what lessons you learn.

Given the combination bends and curves in the cuts, I don't know whether a cutting wheel or a bit would be better. I think I would be overly cautious and cut with a wheel which seem to be able to control better. You may be better with the cutting bit than I am though. I would leave some excess in the trickier areas and them come back the various bits and sanding wheel to clean things up but then plan to do a lot of sanding to get everything just right.

Please take pictures and let us know how you do it!
    1999 C230 Kompressor

thanks for the tips ...i m pretty anal about how i do things sometimes i m MR. PERFECT. but i guess what i m asking is to see pictures of a muffler with and with the bumper cut.... this way i can visualize it because once i cut i cant go back...i m kinda leaning toward not cutting it ...chewy you didnt cut the bumper did it look to low underneath the bumper? since i m a mobile installer by trade making a jig wouldn't be hard making it out of MDF , two side taping it and running a router to do the cut .. i like the blade idea since you can cut it and i could two side tape a piece of MDF as a guide and have a perfect cut....
    98 C43 AMG (SOLD)