Thread: C43 owners!!

C43 owners!!

need some advice...i want to do a muffler setup,what do you guys recommend? i want it to sound like a monster but of course with some hp gains. thanks in advance
    1999 Silver C43 AMG
    Current Mods:
    Flathood Emblem * Avantgarde Grill * MB Sport Pedals * 18" AMG Monoblock Aero II * JVC KD-AVX77 * 2 10" Rockford Fosgate P2 Subs * Rockford Fosgate Punch 550.2 * Custom Exhaust * H&R Springs * Clear Corners * Carbon Fiber Wrapped Interior * Debadged

Soon to come:
    ECU Tune
    Mabuhay!

ok i dont own a c43 (wish i did) but a germen car should not sound like a american car so i would say eisanmann
    Mercedes
    Engineers
    Racecars
    Carfully
    Economically
    Drivability
    Even
    Safety

Expensive... but the best!

http://www.modbargains.com/product.a...id=exhaust0228

Magnaflow is considered to have a great sound & note

but........

Eisenmann has got a niice sound as well, and liek teh best gains!!
    :banana:2000 Mercedes-Benz C280 Sport:banana:

20% Tints All Around
    Euro Clear Corners
    AMG Hood/Trunk Emblems
    Avantgarde Grille

-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-

H&R Cup Kit
    Magnaflow Muffler
    AMS Crank Pulley

i have a 99 280 and thats what i would like to put on my car, but im a little worried that i might get pulled over a lot. I also think it's better quality and a lot better sound then Magnaflow
    Mercedes
    Engineers
    Racecars
    Carfully
    Economically
    Drivability
    Even
    Safety

magnaflow has too much drone IMO.
    1997 C280 Sport

remus.
    clean, sporty, euro sound, slightly louder than stock, no drone, cheaper than eisenmann.

hey omey, someone from another forum is selling his magnaflow muffler for $200, if i get this, how much more do i have to spend for the resonator including installation? thanks for your reply
    1999 Silver C43 AMG
    Current Mods:
    Flathood Emblem * Avantgarde Grill * MB Sport Pedals * 18" AMG Monoblock Aero II * JVC KD-AVX77 * 2 10" Rockford Fosgate P2 Subs * Rockford Fosgate Punch 550.2 * Custom Exhaust * H&R Springs * Clear Corners * Carbon Fiber Wrapped Interior * Debadged

Soon to come:
    ECU Tune
    Mabuhay!

Originally posted by svt ricco
    hey omey, someone from another forum is selling his magnaflow muffler for $200, if i get this, how much more do i have to spend for the resonator including installation? thanks for your reply
    It is not just the muffler, it is the magnaflow muffler, dual tips, magnaflow resonators, X-pipe, and all piping for $200. If you are going to use your stock cats, then it will be just installation of about $200. If you want to replace your secondary cats, you should go metal and I believe you can get some for $100 each.

do you have the same setup as nitrogenbalance?
    1999 Silver C43 AMG
    Current Mods:

Soon to come:
    ECU Tune
    Mabuhay!

steve-what will be the difference if i use the stock cats versus replacement? and what are secondary cats?
    1999 Silver C43 AMG
    Current Mods:

Soon to come:
    ECU Tune
    Mabuhay!

Originally posted by svt ricco
    steve-what will be the difference if i use the stock cats versus replacement? and what are secondary cats?
    The C43 has 4 cats. The first 2 are pretty close to the exhaust manifold and are the primary part of emissions control. There is a sensor before and after the first set of primary cats that determines if the car is operating properly.

The second set of cats are mid car and are used to more thoroughly burn anything the first set did not burn. The second set of cats are not involved with the emissions computer but they probably make the car pollute a little less.

The stock cats will be more restrictive but AMG is pretty good about performance so you probably are not looking at too much. If you used 100 cell cats, they will still burn almost everything the stock ones will but will do so with less restriction.

The 100 cell cats I mentioned cost $112. The are a metal mesh and will not burn up like the ceramic ones have done.