Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: C43 STAGE I part II (Bandwith Warning!!)

CKlasse

Smile C43 STAGE I part II (Bandwith Warning!!)

Finally, the C43 is ready to be put onto test. I will be shipping one full system to Mark aka Tump43 of NYC, and dynotest the other one locally. Given that each of these C43s would have different baseline, we expect different power gains on ea too.

Mark and Jeff, I thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to have this much fun. We didn't expect working on an AMG can be this challenging. The stage I is a result of few different setups ea with different priority. After considering much of the inputs/requests of a few C43 owners, we put the 'ultra low emission' as priority followed by performance and sound.

To the 'all performance' heads out there, no worries, I am looking forward to build a full street legal racing system for Jeffs. Stage II is already in works!

The followings are some images, we've taken. The system is so sweet and emits a deeper tone. Power gain is definitely there, we cannot wait 'til we dyno it. If anyone require details.. I ll be happy to post them here later on. There are so much details I'd love to share. But it's been a long yet satisfying day for me!

Enjoyyyyyyy!

OG Moderator
    dude...
    email me the price of the C36 version

CKlasse
    After powder coating....

Susanto... I lost your emails.. you use too many of them for me to remember LOL. Try me at kennetong@aol.com.

OG Moderator
    Looks sweet!!

Might I ask how much the S2000 system costs?

CKlasse
    Luwin,

S2000 catback system ...

Local retail here is $850.. our resellers sell them for upto $1200. Note how familiar they look with some of the most expensive brand names out there? Wanna guess who they have contract to build their system with?

You got mail!

CKlasse, Very nice. I look forward to your dyno data and observations after you get to drive the system around a little.

It may take a few miles for the ECU to adapt.

Jeff
    1999 C43 Obsidian Black; Penske Remote Adjustable Shocks; Adjustable Spring Perches; SSR Comp Wheels, 9.5 & 9.5x17\"; Custom 31.75mm front & 19mm rear swaybar; Ported Manifold; Limited Slip Differential, Headers and race Cats, Other Stuff

Does the powdercoat serve any particular funtion, or is just a style thing?
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

I thought you boys Wu-tanged my ride for a second. With that carolina plate on back. Never seen that guy round here. -MOE
    98 c43(mine) lots of goodies
    97 c280sport(hers)17 monos only

Have you noticed any resonace with the new system. I know my setup has some at 1800-2200 rpm. Bugs the wife mostly.

So go out and drive it WFO for a while and get that ECU to adapt, then let us know how it feels.

How much lighter is the new system? The tubing from the two ?Magnaflows, is that 3" diameter?

Jeff
    1999 C43 Obsidian Black; Penske Remote Adjustable Shocks; Adjustable Spring Perches; SSR Comp Wheels, 9.5 & 9.5x17\"; Custom 31.75mm front & 19mm rear swaybar; Ported Manifold; Limited Slip Differential, Headers and race Cats, Other Stuff

CKlasse
    Jeff,

The Turbine in the back basically vacuum the sound out of the exhaust. The pipe is 3" mandrel from the Magnapacks to the Turbine. After half hour test drive, we didnt detect any droning/resonance. We normaly find something like that within the first five minutes.

Renn,

We tend to power coat our prototype system simply to detect any imperfection, ding, dent during the test drive.

Regards

OG Moderator
    mang... check your email

OG Moderator

CKlasse

Have you observed the C36 exhaust system yet..?
    Is it possible to get similar mod done..??

If so, how much are we looking at for the exhaust system..???

I might be interested..

Regardz,
    J Irwan by AMG........Motorsport.

Can't wait for the dyno tests to see how much of an improvement this makes

CKlasse

Just a better comparison picture. The new system weights in at 67LBS -- extremely light compare to the OEM. The bottom picture is just a teaser for those who wants to get rid of his/er rear cats and put X pipe in place - All performance setup.

Which one do you think look best? The bigger OEM style is still the best IMHO.

Susanto & J Irwan,

We are building this system with Jeff's Eurotuner Challenge in mind. I am not sure if BMS can put in the R&D, resources, and time to build a system for another small market. However, if you can gather few people who are interested in the C36 system, I might be able to sell the blue sky to the big man here.

In any case, it would have to be next month, since we are preparing for a big annual show off at the Denver Convention Center. Meanwhile, email me exactly want you want to see.

Kameraguy, stay tune!

Regards

I'm beyond excited!! I was just at my indy shop today and they are in the process of installing my BMS Racing Stage I custom exhaust. It will be ready this Monday -- I can hardly wait.

It would have been done sooner but the StealerShip messed up and neglected to return my rear muffler hangers after they removed my muffler before I had my C43 towed to the indy shop. (Custom exhaust was "necessitated" by a nasty rock cracking my one of my OE cat's and thereby clogging the whole system). (The StealerShip also violently twisted one set of O2 sensor wires that also needs to be fixed).

The BMS exhaust looks fantastic -- especially the turbine muffler.

CKlasse expects a gain of 15 to 20 hp depending upon other variables, such as the vehicle's state of tune, maintanence and upgrades, etc.

Can't wait to listen to the new exhaust, dyno the car and post the results.

'till next week ...
    Marc
    [SIZE=\"1\"]Silver/Black 2005 C55 AMG: fully loaded, evosport UDP\'s, AMS billet crank pulley, phenolic spacers, renntech cf airbox, green filters, elite engineering Z06 anondized catch can, sprintbooster, 030 SLK AMG rear calipers & rotors, SS braided brake lines, 18\" SLK AMG Turbines (summer), 18\" OZ Superleggera\'s (winter), sealth front/rear K40 radar detectors and laser jammers, MB iPod integration kit (mmclaw@optonline.net).[/SIZE]

Marc,
    Can't wait!

l8r,
    Steve

CKlasse,

[off-topic]
    That picture of the W202 in your signature is really hot looking. What body kit is that and how much did you lower the car? Do you have a link to more pictures of the car anywhere? I'd love to drool over it in higher res. ...might decide to change my C43's body kit.

Also, if you get a chance, I took you up on your offer about some recommendations on Jeep exhaust, on your original C43 Stage I thread. If you get a chance could you respond to what exhaust brand you'd recommed? (at the bottom of the first page of
    http://www.club202.com/forums/showth...5&pagenumber=1 )
    Thanx much,
    Steve

CKlasse
    Steve,

Argh..whats wrong with your C43 kit. It's built perfectly for the C Klasse. The picts on the siggy are of my very own project C220 which spends most of its time on the lift being work on. I am almost done rebuilding the head and will install the turbo soon. The car has a Rieger Kit on. But lately, I have been daydreaming of owning a C43 instead. hmmmm....

I ll respond your post on the other thread now.

Ken

Originally posted by CKlasse
    Steve,

Argh..whats wrong with your C43 kit. It's built perfectly for the C Klasse.
    The Rieger Kit seems to look a lot more "meaty" as it's lower to the ground and side sills have more contour as well.

I found the RIEGER catalog on a Website of a Canadian seller. ...niiiiice.

Your car just got me thinking.

CKlasse
    It'll require a non amg bumpers to install the Rieger Kit. If you are stubborn enough to go for this setup.. I ll take your C43 kits!

Originally posted by 98c43amg
    The Rieger Kit seems to look a lot more "meaty" as it's lower to the ground and side sills have more contour as well.

I found the RIEGER catalog on a Website of a Canadian seller. ...niiiiice.

Your car just got me thinking.
    the best prices are from rpi-equipped.com

http://www.rpi-equipped.com/

It's in Vancouver, everybody gets theirs there

Etienne

Originally posted by Tump43
    I'm beyond excited!! I was just at my indy shop today and they are in the process of installing my BMS Racing Stage I custom exhaust. It will be ready this Monday -- I can hardly wait.
    Marc,
    How goes it?!

Originally posted by CKlasse
    It'll require a non amg bumpers to install the Rieger Kit. If you are stubborn enough to go for this setup.. I ll take your C43 kits!
    ...well, as you put it that way, I'd be a clod to go 'head and do it then now wouldn't I...

Regarding this C43 Stage I kit. I've seen prices mentioned for the S2000 exhaust, but not this project. Will you post it to this board? If not, can you send me an e-mail with the details?

Also, I replied on the other thread regarding the "quality" of some of the workmanship I've experienced.

Best Regards,
    Steve

CKlasse
    Originally posted by 98c43amg
    Marc,
    How goes it?!
    WARNING, stage I exhaust system for C43 has certain side effects.

I regret to inform you that Marc at this point is beyond any human adrenaline limit. In fact, he had not returned since the first Test Drive on Monday morning in the NYC.

He was spotted along the I-95 in Richmond and later in Raleigh creating havoc among the M3 community. So far, all attempts to contact him had failed. We are hoping eventually he will run out of gas and then we will be able to convince him to that it is ok to let go the wheel -- One finger at a time.

Marc you are having too much fun ?? Talk to us!

I'm definately having a blast with my new BMS Stage I exhaust system. My sedate Benz now sounds like a powerful V8. At high rpm's, especially those beyond 3,000, the car sounds great with a growl and a whine (the turbine muffler). A little louder than normal but not terribly so. Starting the car is a true pleasure -- the idle note fantastic. However, accelerating from 0 to 60 mph or accelerating anywhere between 1,500 and 2,200 rpm the new exhaust makes a rather loud resonance (sonic boom) inside the car. I do not believe that this is heard outside the car, no heads turn when I pass by between those rpms. CKlasse and I are currently thinking about a solution to this, if necessary. Apparently, the computer takes about 2 weeks to adapt automatically to the new exhaust system and it will take the exhaust system itself a few hundred miles to settle in, after which, the internal sonic boom may dissapear.

But now, on to the important stuff. The improvement in acceleration is simply incredible!! My "new" C43 moves from 60 or 80 mph to 120 mph so quickly and so effortlessly that I believe it could kill a vette at those speeds (I lost a previous race with a new vette at around 110 mph before any mod's were done to my car). The real improvement in driving around town is felt at 3,000 rpm and above. When I keep the car in third gear on back roads (which I am now inclined to do all the time) the acceleration is so increadible that the car seems to move at light speed with no appreciable strain on the engine. It's more than a blast to drive that C very fast.

Don't get me wrong about the sound though. A few of my friends love the low rpm boom and think the car sounds great -- like a muscle car V8. I, however, want a little less noise in the car at low rpm (I am an attorney, was recently married and don't want to freak out my clients, or my wife). I don't know yet, whether I am willing to sacrafice any speed improvements to quiet the car down. I had my audio guy look at the trunk/rear seat area and we are going to cover both those areas in dyno mat. This may make the difference I want and also, as the sytem breaks in, the exhaust may quiet down.

I now have to control myself enough not to get any more speeding tickets -- my insurance is already out of hand -- but it will certainly be very hard to do with this car.

Currently, I'm waiting for SpeedyBenz's rear control arms and I believe, front control arms and possibly, poly urethane bushings (Denlasoul is working on those as well). I should also be installing Speedy's braking system when my wallet recovers. The C43 is a very "tuneable" car -- and so far, the biggest improvement I have ever experienced in any of the car's I've modded and suped has been in my C after installing CKlasse's exhaust system. What an improvement!

I'll post later with an update on noise and improvements in accleration -- I'm told the car will be even faster (gasp) once the computer adapts.
    Marc
    [SIZE=\"1\"]Silver/Black 2005 C55 AMG: fully loaded, evosport UDP\'s, AMS billet crank pulley, phenolic spacers, renntech cf airbox, green filters, elite engineering Z06 anondized catch can, sprintbooster, 030 SLK AMG rear calipers & rotors, SS braided brake lines, 18\" SLK AMG Turbines (summer), 18\" OZ Superleggera\'s (winter), sealth front/rear K40 radar detectors and laser jammers, MB iPod integration kit (mmclaw@optonline.net).[/SIZE]