Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: C43 STAGE I part II (Bandwith Warning!!)

CKlasse
    I am glad you like your new exhaust Marc. We should have the official hp.trq by this weekend. From the two C43, I think we know what to do with Jeff's C43. If HPS really jumps into this, we might see the fastest C43 on this planet!

Originally posted by CKlasse
    If HPS really jumps into this, we might see the fastest C43 on this planet!
    Yup! "... remember that the best supercharged engines begin with efficient normally aspirated engines..."
    :glass:

What is the cost of the exhaust system?

I have been watching this post with great curiosity. As we all know there is not much out there for the C43 in terms of tuning, short of a $12,000 supercharger. One question I have is, what is the cost of this exhaust system? Have you gotten the after dyno results yet? Thanks.

CKlasse
    It's official: The stage I untraps 22HP at peak! ... working on the stage II for jeff's setup now.

email me for any questions/inquiries, Kennetong@aol.com

OG Moderator
    It's official: The stage I untraps 22HP at peak! ... working on the stage II for jeff's setup now.
    Thats like woah, crazy gains, is that dyno results to the wheel power
    Got BRABUS?

OG Moderator

holy shiet..

that's awesome, are also looking at similar gains for C36's..

Do you have any customer at all with C36's..

Damn at times like this I wish I live near by...
    so I can have my car a guinea pig..

Excellent job mang..

Regardz,
    J Irwan by AMG........Motorsport.

Is that at the wheel or interpolated as crank hp increase, based on some multiplier times the "@ the wheel" values?

Also, wondering if you can state the at the wheel gains to the torque over the RPM range from about 2K to redline? As I'm a hobbiest in "automotive performance simulation", focusing on my C43, I'd like to throw these numbers into my spreadsheet. All my derivations in performance rely on the torque curve.

Great news though. Congrats!

CKlasse
    I have a lot of raw datas. Give me 'til early part of next week, to put everything online. Meanwhile, here is a lil peek into it.
    Out of multiple dyno runs on two C43s, the gains are anywhere from 17hp -25hp at rear(adjusted for sea level). I am trying to arrange to have Marc's C43 to be dyno'ed in NYC. Out of the three C43s with this system, I think he would be the best candidate having the car in a better condition and also being at the sea level.

Thanks for your patient.. Keep the emails coming! I am so close convincing these guys that there ARE plenty of interests in AMG aftermarket!

Meanwhile, have great weekend!

PS.. C36 is possible, perhaps next month?

I have a lot of raw datas. Give me 'til early part of next week, ... the gains are anywhere from 17hp -25hp at rear(adjusted for sea level)
    Thanx for the reply and no hurry.

The adjustment for sea level I have no issues with, as accounting for a "standard day" is a very proven and quantifiable adjustment that's related to real-world atmospheric conditions.

It's when I see multipliers of say 1.26 being applied to wheel HP readings to interpolate crankshaft HP before the automatic tranni, that I have to bite my tongue and avoid yelling at the top of my lungs. I've given up trying to teach people tranni and drivetrain parasitic losses are basically constant whether the engine's producing 200hp or 1000 hp ...

OK, so it works if you have a 200hp measured @ the wheels ... then ok, maybe you have something like 250 @ the crank.

But people actually try to tell you, me, everyone -- in blindly using that multiplier regardless of context -- that if a car's measured at say 1000hp @ the wheels, that it's 1260hp @ the crank before the tranni ... 'cus they got that X1.26 multiplier to get them to crank HP.

...err... NO! :ermm: ...some people's kids ... geez!

<grin>

Anyway, sorry,
    [general rant off!]

OG Moderator
    I have a lot of raw datas. Give me 'til early part of next week, to put everything online. Meanwhile, here is a lil peek into it.
    Out of multiple dyno runs on two C43s, the gains are anywhere from 17hp -25hp at rear(adjusted for sea level). I am trying to arrange to have Marc's C43 to be dyno'ed in NYC. Out of the three C43s with this system, I think he would be the best candidate having the car in a better condition and also being at the sea level.

Thanks for your patient.. Keep the emails coming! I am so close convincing these guys that there ARE plenty of interests in AMG aftermarket!

Meanwhile, have great weekend!

PS.. C36 is possible, perhaps next month?

yeah man keep us posted on C36
    since there couple of us here with C36's

BTW ken, about the exhaust on Marc;s C43 , does it has Hi-Flo cat or X-pipe
    What is the pro and con on having X-pipe as opposed to hi-flo cat in place..?

Regardz,

CKlasse
    98c43amg,

Crank hp is mostly for tranny slippage calculation and lately used as marketing tool (whatever it takes to increase the hp number I guess!!).

I put in 1.12 factor into the altitude adjustment which means 2hp on top of the actual average readings. Here is a useful link for temp/pressure/altitude adjustment calculator: http://www.csgnetwork.com/relhumhpcalc.html

J Irwan,

X-force pipe actually increases velocity of the flow and even balance it out. Although, we do not use it on Marc's system, I include the X in the pict simply to tease Jeff. We actually put an X force in front of the cats instead of in place of it on one of the three systems. It happens to have the best dyno result too It's a bit louder than we expected though.

Now..what am i doing here at 11:30pm on Friday nite??? sheeshhh.. need a life!

Here is a useful link for temp/pressure/altitude adjustment calculator: http://www.csgnetwork.com/relhumhpcalc.html
    Thanx. Ya, I've had that site bookmarked for while now.

I found it when I was looking for formulas to create my C43 perfomance simulator spreadsheet.

Originally posted by J Irwan
    yeah man keep us posted on C36
    since there couple of us here with C36's
    CKlasse,

Correction, There are a 'few' of us! If I dont sell my C36 soon I will be interested (along with Jeffs rear arms)

do you know about this stainless header for C36 from Bekkers?? Linky below........Your exhaust with a nice header..Hummnnn

http://www.bekkers.com/Merchant2/mer...mheaderexhaust

That $1,500 price is kinda scary & if you could build a cheaper alternative than I'd think you could make some $$??
    1996 C36 /////AMG..(sold).....now rolling an \'05 EVO VIII

CKlasse
    I was hoping the C36 has the same exhaust system as the C280 - but nope.. at least according to the diagram on the ALLDATA. I ll try to locate C36 sometimes next week to play with.

My new BMS Stage I Exhaust is quieting down some. The sonic boom is now just a low resonance that happens between 1500 rmp and 2000 rpm on hard acceleration only. (Diff. from stock, of course, but not annoying). Perhaps the computer is adapting or the Magnaflow resonators are adjusting to the correct frequency, or even, I'm adapting. Sometimes the sound seems to come from the rear muffler and sometimes, but infrequently, the sound seems to come from the front cat's.

Overall the improvement is absolutely fantastic! When my wife is with me I cannot push the car to its new limits but will report back as soon as I can get her occupied with a new project and I can drive without her verbal rev. limiter (much stricter than the AMG rev. limiter).

CKlasse, have you found a place for me to take our new C43 for a dyno test? Let me know.
    Marc
    [SIZE=\"1\"]Silver/Black 2005 C55 AMG: fully loaded, evosport UDP\'s, AMS billet crank pulley, phenolic spacers, renntech cf airbox, green filters, elite engineering Z06 anondized catch can, sprintbooster, 030 SLK AMG rear calipers & rotors, SS braided brake lines, 18\" SLK AMG Turbines (summer), 18\" OZ Superleggera\'s (winter), sealth front/rear K40 radar detectors and laser jammers, MB iPod integration kit (mmclaw@optonline.net).[/SIZE]

OK it's official, after three weeks on my car, the system sounds incredible. It makes a deep pleasant roar with acceleration and nothing offensive. The excessive noises go away after about 2,000 to 3,000 miles due to carbon build up inside the new exhaust. While the BMS exhaust does not reproduce the stock exhaust note, it certainly does make your V8 sound like the powerful V8 it is.

I've not yet dyno'd my car but have noticed an immediate huge improvement in acceleartion at all speeds above 3,000 rpm and an incredible improvement in acceleration from 80 mph to 120 mph ... (I've not yet gone faster than 140 mph in my car). The noticed improvement is definately as good or better than the 18 to 22 hp gain noticed by CKlasse after dyno'ing the BMS exquipped C43 in Denver.

A great value for the buck. Next step -- a supercharger!

CKlasse: How you doing building a supercharger for the C43? I can barely wait.
    Marc
    [SIZE=\"1\"]Silver/Black 2005 C55 AMG: fully loaded, evosport UDP\'s, AMS billet crank pulley, phenolic spacers, renntech cf airbox, green filters, elite engineering Z06 anondized catch can, sprintbooster, 030 SLK AMG rear calipers & rotors, SS braided brake lines, 18\" SLK AMG Turbines (summer), 18\" OZ Superleggera\'s (winter), sealth front/rear K40 radar detectors and laser jammers, MB iPod integration kit (mmclaw@optonline.net).[/SIZE]

Marc,

Thats great I can't wait to install the exhaust on my C43. I just need to get off my butt and get mine dyno'ed now.

Jeff
    1999 C43 Obsidian Black; Penske Remote Adjustable Shocks; Adjustable Spring Perches; SSR Comp Wheels, 9.5 & 9.5x17\"; Custom 31.75mm front & 19mm rear swaybar; Ported Manifold; Limited Slip Differential, Headers and race Cats, Other Stuff

In Charge
    Originally posted by speedybenz
    I just need to get off my butt and get mine dyno'ed now.

Jeff
    I've been saying that for awhile now. Please keep me posted, as I am interested in the results.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

CKlasse
    Originally posted by speedybenz
    Marc,

Thats great I can't wait to install the exhaust on my C43. I just need to get off my butt and get mine dyno'ed now.

Jeff
    I got more results for you too Jeff. BTW, are you getting baseline dyno? or after?

I would like to get a baseline dyno done now to compare with the dyno after I install your system.

I pretty sure my car is running about as good as it's going to right now for what I have in it.

Jeff
    1999 C43 Obsidian Black; Penske Remote Adjustable Shocks; Adjustable Spring Perches; SSR Comp Wheels, 9.5 & 9.5x17\"; Custom 31.75mm front & 19mm rear swaybar; Ported Manifold; Limited Slip Differential, Headers and race Cats, Other Stuff

OG Moderator
    Marc,

I'd like to see your new exhaust on your car..

so take some pic dude..

I am sure many of us are curious too

Regardz,

CKlasse
    Unfortunately, we are having an issue taking the picture. Marc's car is faster than the camera's shutter speed..!

OK --

I'll bring the digital camera to the shop on Monday when my mechanic installs Speedy's adjustable rear camber arms and take some photo's then. Unfortunately, my digi camera sucks. It can only hold 8 pictures -- I definately need a new one.
    Marc

I've got pictures -- I do not have a server -- someone please let me know how to post pictures here.

If these pictures need to be hosted somewhere else, I could email all the pic's to whomever can host them.

Thanks
    Marc

just send them to me and I'll give you the urls
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.