Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: C43 STAGE I part II (Bandwith Warning!!)

I have my old C43 BMS exhaust with new magnaflow glass packs for sale for a good price to a good home. It's deep and loud. Send me a pm if interested.
    Marc
    [SIZE=\"1\"]Silver/Black 2005 C55 AMG: fully loaded, evosport UDP\'s, AMS billet crank pulley, phenolic spacers, renntech cf airbox, green filters, elite engineering Z06 anondized catch can, sprintbooster, 030 SLK AMG rear calipers & rotors, SS braided brake lines, 18\" SLK AMG Turbines (summer), 18\" OZ Superleggera\'s (winter), sealth front/rear K40 radar detectors and laser jammers, MB iPod integration kit (mmclaw@optonline.net).[/SIZE]

i'm planning to get this exhaust, is it worth it? your help will be very much appreciated. thanks
    1999 Silver C43 AMG
    Current Mods:
    Flathood Emblem * Avantgarde Grill * MB Sport Pedals * 18" AMG Monoblock Aero II * JVC KD-AVX77 * 2 10" Rockford Fosgate P2 Subs * Rockford Fosgate Punch 550.2 * Custom Exhaust * H&R Springs * Clear Corners * Carbon Fiber Wrapped Interior * Debadged

Soon to come:
    ECU Tune
    Mabuhay!

Originally posted by svt ricco
    i'm planning to get this exhaust, is it worth it? your help will be very much appreciated. thanks
    The parts are worth it(200.00 price offered at MBworld) but the way these guys built it and the original price was totally unsatisfactory. If you buy the exh from the guy on MBworld I can tell you how to build it properly. It's not going to fit on the car properly with the two resonators next to each other. I went thru holy hell with mine and took it of. I chgd the configuration of the whole system.

silver 1998 AMG c43 to C55 convert(293whp/307lbft TQ) ,1999 M3,1995 400 whp eagle Talon Tsi AWD,94 BMW 325i to M332i(M3)conversion

carl-what if i just delete the resonators? is that good? what's the best way to set this up? thanks in advance
    1999 Silver C43 AMG
    Current Mods:
    Flathood Emblem * Avantgarde Grill * MB Sport Pedals * 18" AMG Monoblock Aero II * JVC KD-AVX77 * 2 10" Rockford Fosgate P2 Subs * Rockford Fosgate Punch 550.2 * Custom Exhaust * H&R Springs * Clear Corners * Carbon Fiber Wrapped Interior * Debadged

Soon to come:
    ECU Tune
    Mabuhay!

The system as is I think worked pretty well other than what I have already explained. The car will burn up ceramic cats but that doesn't have anything to do with the system. It does hang lower than the factor exhaust because of the resonators but you may be able to find smaller replacements or just leave them out. As I said, I wouldn't do that because I think it would drone. I had the system on the car for 3 years and in that time, other than being a few inches lowered that stock, I was very happy with both sound and performance. There is no question in my mind that the car makes a good amount more power, especially in the higher RPM range.

svt ricco -- I still have the parts for sale, cheap (the two glass packs are new, the turbine muffler and hump pipe are used). Listen to Carl. I did get my mechanic to install the 2 glass packs side by side; they had to bend the heat shield. You can bolt it right up as is, or use the parts to create your own system.
    The system worked well for me, but it was rather loud. If you like that, you're golden, if not, keep your OE muffler as I eventually did; doing that quiets the system down a bit but retains more grunt than OE system and better performance.

Regards,
    Marc
    [SIZE=\"1\"]Silver/Black 2005 C55 AMG: fully loaded, evosport UDP\'s, AMS billet crank pulley, phenolic spacers, renntech cf airbox, green filters, elite engineering Z06 anondized catch can, sprintbooster, 030 SLK AMG rear calipers & rotors, SS braided brake lines, 18\" SLK AMG Turbines (summer), 18\" OZ Superleggera\'s (winter), sealth front/rear K40 radar detectors and laser jammers, MB iPod integration kit (mmclaw@optonline.net).[/SIZE]

tump- i don't know anything about exhaust so i can't build my own system... are you saying yours is a complete bolt on? what do you have? please specify coz steve listed every part for sale. i just wanna compare so i won't have a hard time picking which system to buy. thanks for your reply
    1999 Silver C43 AMG
    Current Mods:

Soon to come:
    ECU Tune
    Mabuhay!