Thread: Mercedes key into an Audi switch blade

Mercedes key into an Audi switch blade

So way back when I bought my car it didn't come with the switch blade alarm module thingy. I guess the previous owner lost it or whatever. It only came with the key from it. So I remembered I still had my old Audi key from my A4 B5. So I just opened it up and swapped the keys. The actual button for the key to flip out didnt fit. But I just manually pull it out. And obviously the alarm and stuff doesn't work but Definately better than holding a little key and rish the chance of loosing it. I did this the second day I got the car. I just forgot to show it off til today

I've noticed that many car manufacturers get their key FOB's made by the same company.
    94 C280, 250k miles, 1999-2011 (gone, never forgotten)
    CURRENT:
    744 Silver 99 C43 AMG, 260k miles, 2011-
    040 Black 98 C43 AMG, 190k miles, 2013-

looks good!! i wonder if itll work on a set of range rover switchblades... hmmm....

thanks man...yea if u got an extra set, might as well try..it was either that or use an extra VW switchblade key, but i already had the audi key and i had already towed it away to pick n pull so i just used what i had...i dont mind it not working properly...better than paying the dealership like what? 500 bucks and shit for a new key

Nicely done. Good use of old parts haha