Wow, awesome replies guys, thanks Zmatt about the turbo info. I was planning on just buying a second engine (M111 Kompressor) and just replace with OEM rods w/ ARP bolts and some JE or Mahle forged pistons. Basically just a refresh, probably skip the headwork as far as porting and cams...just replace lifters and add better valvesprings.

Yeah I figured i was gonna hear that hte stock ECU is crappy lol, I would go with HALTECH over any other standalone, just personal preference. I'm just not good at making the adapter/loom harness, that I would need someone to do for me and I would def pay well for it to be plug and play.

Yeah I have my heart set on a GT3076, with custom log style manifold(reliable N cheap), swain tech coated, Tial WG and BOV. etc etc...

Injectors, i'm not sure about which ones to go with. We have 93 octane so whatever safe limit on pump gas would be, no race fuel or methanol injection.

Like I was saying, a goal of 275rwhp would be plenty, which is roughly 325hp flywheel using 15% driveline loss.

Uber responsive and fun to drive, while getting 30mpg!

I'm happy you guys are all taken by my CAI setup lol, I bought everything from advance auto parts and auto zone, no special orders. The only plastic piping is the 90deg bend and the 6in tube that is connected to the filter.

I used two spectre metal intake pipes that you commonly see in autozone or advance, they have two version, the metal and plastic one. Metal is better, i'm afraid the plastic would cook and break.

Imo i like the intake sound, its not that loud for my taste, i mean its not like VTEC loud at all... meaning the Merc Benz doesn't sound like a Cow in heat lol.

I had to have picked up some power, not sure how much but I know the stock 0-60mph is 10.5sec and I been running consistent 10.08-10.1, with one 9.96.

And nope, no check engine lights at all. Just make sure the MAF stays clocked the same way and closest to same position as factory location, MAF sensors are sensitive to moving. For example I tried running my intake pipe and maf on the drivers side and the dang electric engine fan came on full blast and the engine was cold, first startup all day... weird...

As for the heat wrapping intake pipe vs plastic etc... the way I look at it, is the outside air is cooler and is moving so quick that I doubt it has time to be heat soaked by the intake piping. Plus I would think the thermal tape wouldn't be beneficial since even though your block heat from the header, all the heat is still trapped under the hood. just my .02
Custom heat extractors in the rear of the hood would be helpful.

The ebay header, exhaust and tune, is still up in the air. I really want to try the header and atleast a muffler, the M111 has a nice sound to it uncorked, unlike some other 4 cylinders. It sounds like a KA24DE Nissan 240sx engine, which btw is my fav sound 4 cylinder b/c its naturally deep sounding and not ping-pang sounding (hondas).

I've read that the Chip tuning should be the last thing to do, and still at 300 bucks, thats the header and muffler there and I know those will add power just be removing the factory log manifold and 5 exhaust mufflers/cats/resonators...

The Ecu has been doing a good job of compensating without an ECU reset so far, i'm still getting great mileage.

BTW, how do I do a complete ECU reset to erase learned fuel trims on this C230 of mine?

Thanks again guys, glad to be apart of the boards. I will get some more pics of my Green 230 soon.

Wheels and Window tint coming soon though!