Thread: LED switches

LED switches

Anyone ever put LEDs in there switches and shifter area? These looks pretty sick. Im reading a DIY on vortex right now. Whatchu guys think?
    "anyone can drive a new car, it takes a true enthusiast to breath life into an older one"

I started the conversion in my car (changing the amber lights to hyper white and blue), and it's not an easy job. I'm still on my first switch, but I haven't touched it in a while. I wonder if it works....

Yea Definately doesnt look like an easy task. But the outcome looks really nice
    "anyone can drive a new car, it takes a true enthusiast to breath life into an older one"

if you do one you gotta do all...

You know, there's another interesting upgrade for our cars. The cluster, wheel, and entire MB command head unit will bolt right into a 98-00 w202...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL72bReSVTM

Couple that with some LED switches...
    Last edited by Sulaco; 03-19-2012 at 03:56 PM.
    94 C280, 250k miles, 1999-2011 (gone, never forgotten)
    CURRENT:
    744 Silver 99 C43 AMG, 260k miles, 2011-
    040 Black 98 C43 AMG, 190k miles, 2013-

Too bad i dont have an extra set of switches i can work on while having the ones in my car still

That looks nice. You wanna share the vwvortex link would it be just soldering in led bulbs cuz I can't imagine that being a plug n play bulb
    If so I may have to run to radio shack and pic up some supplies.

Quote Originally Posted by siC36 AMG View Post
    That looks nice. You wanna share the vwvortex link would it be just soldering in led bulbs cuz I can't imagine that being a plug n play bulb
    If so I may have to run to radio shack and pic up some supplies.
    For the most part its soldering but the conversion uses an led size smaller than standard LEDs, requires soldering very tiny parts, and as far as I'm concerned, devices like the Digital Climate Control and OEM Radio use very small SMD LEDs, possibly number 1206. I'm still on my first switch in the conversion process, will probably continue when school is out in a couple weeks.

Thanks for the info. I have a steady hand with soldering small parts.

i need to find someone local that i can send all my switches to and have him do it. Or trade him my stocks for his ones that are done already with some cash on top

After I figure out all mine ill offer to do other members. I gotta do my gf 09' maxima also in pink led