Thread: interior trims and verious parts

interior trims and verious parts

I've just got my new black leathers in the car, but the previous interior is all light grey...
    I've decided to spraypaint all the plastic trim in the car myself to save myself from having to find a donor for these parts (thats if all the other 202's have different colour trim?)
    The problem i am having is the sun visors, and the door seals. These are still light grey to match the previous interior; so my question is are there dark grey trim or black trim that would've been in the donor car for the black leathers that i could possibly find another donor for? or am i going to have to try and find a way to colour the sun visors and the door seals?

various***

Donor cars is the only answer I could see, unless you want to buy black or grey dye and DIY.
    My W202 2000 C230 Kompressor
    Like us on Facebook!
    MODS: Magnaflow 14833 | OEM Sport White Gauges | OEM Faux Carbon Fiber Trim | OEM Sport Steering Wheel | CLK320 Airbox | LED Interior Lighting | 6K HID Headlights | L-Shaped Daytime Running Lights | 22' Kicker Subwoofer | 3M Carbon Fiber Di-Noc Door Pillars | Amber Corners | K&N Airbox Filter |

I think the sun visors only came on tan or grey.
    1994 C280
    1996 C36
    2005 C55
    2013 Volvo XC60 R-Design
    1999 Porsche 911
    ......dang now I know where all my money went.

Quote Originally Posted by Yujin View Post
    Donor cars is the only answer I could see, unless you want to buy black or grey dye and DIY.
    I have actually tried this with the door seals, as in the rubber part that goes all the way round the door frame. DYE doesnt stay on that stuff, tried it twice with two techniques and no luck.

If the sun visors only came in tan or grey, what do you guys suggest ? :/ Because apart from them and the door seals, everything else is paint-able.

Lets see some pics of the spray job you did. Ive done this in my integra awhile back. But hesitant to do it in a mercedes

Visors only came in grey or tan? Really? That sucks. I never knew that

For the rubber part that goes around the whole door. I was thinking about wrapping them in black fabric, kinda like how the pillars
    "anyone can drive a new car, it takes a true enthusiast to breath life into an older one"

I haven't yet got round to spraying the trims buddy, its the last part of my mission. I didn't know that either, quite gutted to say the least, i need to find a plan for the visors.
    Yeah, me also! But im worried about how it will last, so my first initial plan was to sew it over the top.

some pictures, for those who are interested

took everything out

and being the impatient self, i drove with just the driver seat for 2 days

after pulling out all the trims, and carpets, i put the seats in so i can taxi friends around

passenger side carpet sueded and refitted

and today i got the driver side sueded and refitted, also bought some aftermarket mercedes mats so i dont ruin the suede
    Last edited by ypkx; 05-12-2012 at 01:54 PM.

O wow. U did the carpets seude. Now thats pimpin. Good job man. Looks clean
    "anyone can drive a new car, it takes a true enthusiast to breath life into an older one"

ha thanks, yeah man, looks so much better in person, thanks! Really worried about wear and tear, how long it will last though.