Thread: Brake Squealing....

Brake Squealing....

Alright, I can't seem to get rid of my damn brake squeal!

It is coming from the driver rear and I have redone the brakes multiple times...

1st - Balo Rotors with PBR Deluxe Pads one rotor glazed while the other wore perfectly fine.
    2nd (current) - Centric Rotors with Akebono Euro Ceramic Pads.

The squeal happened after the 1st brake change due to the glazed rotor. Took off that set up and ordered a complete rear set, and the squeal went away temporary and now it has returned... I rode in the back seat and opened the doors to each side listening for the squeal and it is coming from the driver rear. So I thought it would just need some anti-squeal paste, which I took off and redone with a new fresh coat of anti-squeal lubricant. I used CRC Anti Squeal Spray. After a little while, the noise came back..

There are no rocks or anything between the rotors and pads. Everything fit and installed properly without no issues on fitting. I have ran out of test methods to remove this damn squeal.

Thoughts and suggestions?

12/4/12
    ON GOING ISSUE! Noise came back for the last 6 weeks or so and its getting REALLY annoying. I bought a spray my Squeal-Medic, something like that.., and you spray it on the rotors.. Noise went away for maybe 100 miles but now its back. Do I really need to change the ROTORS AGAIN? I don't do any hard braking in this car, its for my parents to drive and its quite embarrassing coming to a light and all you hear is SQUEAAAAAAAAAAL!!
    Last edited by 97C28O; 12-04-2012 at 08:55 PM.
    1997 C280 Sport

Never heard of spray, just the orange stuff in a squeeze bottle. Do the pads have shims?

I've been having issues wiht my rears squealing a WHOLE LOT. This is my second set of brakes to test, 1st was BALO Rotors w/ PBR Deluxe pads, it seemed that 1 rotor wore differently (looks glazed)... 2nd is Centric Plain w/ Akebono Euro pads.. the noise was gone for awhile but it came back and is frequent now... I also tried the Squeal Doctor rotor spray (metalic like spray on the rotor), noise went away but it came back after about 100 miles... What can it be!!
    1997 C280 Sport

I've had Centric rotors on my 280 for awhile and they do sequel bad ( luckily only in reverse ) in a very short time despite my efforts of removing them and resurfacing them at work. I used ACdelco pads and rotors now, they're only slightly more money but I sure don't have any squealing now.

Also, avoid that "squeal gone" stuff/spray.
    ====================
    VISIT THE W201nW202 YOUTUBE PAGE:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/W201n202

1999 Mercedes C230 Kompressor / Rust Bucket, No MODS
    2001 Mercedes E430 Sport
    2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid
    ====================

Miter the leading edge of the pads with a 45* cut. That will soften the bite angle and help reduce or eliminate the squeal.

Mine sound like they are catching but make alouder sound when i turn right on a corner and catch when i come to a stop.. No clue on that, i had my pads and rotors replaced because it was doing it before n all i can think of is sticking rear calipers because i only hear it from the rear

Quote Originally Posted by Mike51809 View Post
    Mine sound like they are catching but make alouder sound when i turn right on a corner and catch when i come to a stop.. No clue on that, i had my pads and rotors replaced because it was doing it before n all i can think of is sticking rear calipers because i only hear it from the rear
    THat is generally from too hard a brake pad compound in the rear of a lightweight car. Try some organic pads in the rear. Harder pads will make a moaning noise at slow speeds or tight corners. Thats a typical symptom

Alright ill try that thank man

In the condition of brake squeal, brake pads are vibrate when light to moderate brake pressure is applied. Sometimes heavy braking stops squeal reason while extra pressure dampens the vibration. Heavy brake squealing cause a significant problem. But if Squealing is just under light braking that's not a serious problem.

I used ACdelco shields and rotors now, they're only a little bit more cash but I sure don't have any screeching now . . . . . . . . .

car rent surfers paradise
    Last edited by Shoshay; 02-08-2013 at 08:15 PM.