Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i think my C36 is angry mad that someone else tried to drive it!! READ THIS NEED HELP!!

i think my C36 is angry mad that someone else tried to drive it!! READ THIS NEED HELP!!

my girlfriend gave my brother my car keys to move my car, he came in telling me that my car wouldnt start and he doesnt want to "mess" with it

on top of being woken up on a saterday morning i come to find out that my car is broken

i tried starting my car and the ignition would just keep going and i noticed the red and green lights were flahing on the rear view mirror

this has happend before so i lock the car from the inside, and try unlocking it from the outside (it worked before)

but now my car key doesnt lock or unlock from the outside!!!! i cant hear any noise when i stick the key in. if i turn and hold to the left NOTHING!

if i turn and hold to the right Nothing! Someone Help
    99 Porsche Boxster (sold)
    00 Chevy silverado(traded)
    02 bmw 330CiSold)
    94 MB c220(deceased)
    73 Porsche 911(deceased)
    96 MB 280 Sport (traded)
    96' c36 AMG (current Ride)
    97' c280 Brabus (new daily driver)
    97' Range Rover 4.0 (for sale)
    01" Jaguar Type S (for sale)

Seems like a battery/alternator issue? I had this with my C280 95 once.

Another thing you can try, is unlocking the car with the button on the inside (if you have automatic locking?). And than unlock it with the same button. Or... do what every person does with anything with an engine and electronics... remove the power source for 5 minutes, and try again.

Hope this helps mate
    My W202 2000 C230 Kompressor
    Like us on Facebook!
    MODS: Magnaflow 14833 | OEM Sport White Gauges | OEM Faux Carbon Fiber Trim | OEM Sport Steering Wheel | CLK320 Airbox | LED Interior Lighting | 6K HID Headlights | L-Shaped Daytime Running Lights | 22' Kicker Subwoofer | 3M Carbon Fiber Di-Noc Door Pillars | Amber Corners | K&N Airbox Filter |

im locked out of the car! so there is no more going inside my car
    i know for a fact its a security issue
    i dont hear the vacumme locking or unlocking the car from the outside
    02 bmw 330CiSold)
    94 MB c220(deceased)
    73 Porsche 911(deceased)
    96 MB 280 Sport (traded)

i cant even open anything to do anything including truning off the power i have no access to the battery
    02 bmw 330CiSold)
    94 MB c220(deceased)
    73 Porsche 911(deceased)
    96 MB 280 Sport (traded)

Have a locksmith pop it open, it sounds like it can't get worse lol When the alarm goes off unlock it and try that maybe

Not even that metal key part opens your trunk lock (manually)?

Regards,
    D

Nope it doesn't even go half way in

Seriously try having a locksmith pop the door and unlock it, better than the plan you have now...lol
    "The Best or Nothing"

When the mirror's busy imitating a Christmas tree when you try start it, It's sometimes an issue with the Immobilizer
    Has your brother or girlfriend dropped the keys and just pressed it back together if it came apart?

its not a that kind of key its a regular laser cut key with no button =/
    i know its just a security issue, its happend before and usually i just have to lock it from the inside and unlock it from the outside, this time nothing works..
    i think i could open the moon roof just enough for an opening and press the unlock button with a long antenna like wire, i just dont want to call lock smith untill i try everything
    and whatever i do i have to do before the street sweeper comes, and untill then i have no car =(
    02 bmw 330CiSold)
    94 MB c220(deceased)
    73 Porsche 911(deceased)
    96 MB 280 Sport (traded)

W202 Green and red alarm lights flashing together simultaneously - solved

Hope this will help someone else as on searching there's a few contradictory threads. This car W202 1996 C36.

On locking last night the mirror and door green and red lights flashed together at the same time. Unlocked the car, got back in and the mirror lights continued to flash.
    Tried to start it out of curiosity but it would turn over without firing - immobilized. Mirror lights then flashed red/green/red/green etc.

Locked car and went to bed. Green and Red still flashing together when locked.

Went out this morning and unlocked (still flashing together) and tried the 'sit in car, double click the key fob the insert and start within 30 seconds. Worked, car started but the mirror lights still flashed and the ABS and brake pad low warning lights were on. Bugger.

Locked it up, walked to the shop and bought 2 x CR2025 batteries for the key fob.
    Replaced them. Unlocked car, lights flashed still together. Sat in car locked then unlocked and held button on fob down for 5 seconds then into the ignition. Car started. No ABS or brake warning lights displayed. Drove round the block because its a C36 and fun to drive.
    Got home, locked up and yes, just the wonderful sight of the one flashing red 'locked' LED in the door and on mirror.

All is well again. So simultaneous flashing of door and mirror LEDs = dying key fob battery.

Worth noting that a red flash could still be seen from the IR bit on the key fob and purple flashes on camera phone - so thats a rubbish test for battery strength..!

Hope that helps someone.

I FOUND THIS ON ANOTHER FORUM.. BUT MY KEY DOESNT TAKE FREAKIN BATTERIES... BLAH..
    02 bmw 330CiSold)
    94 MB c220(deceased)
    73 Porsche 911(deceased)
    96 MB 280 Sport (traded)

Usually if yours has the red/green lights on the mirror you should have a fob.
    And if it's a C36, they usually would have that as standard

I don't even know what fob means

the electronic key lock. The 'switchblade'.
    My W202 2000 C230 Kompressor
    Like us on Facebook!
    MODS: Magnaflow 14833 | OEM Sport White Gauges | OEM Faux Carbon Fiber Trim | OEM Sport Steering Wheel | CLK320 Airbox | LED Interior Lighting | 6K HID Headlights | L-Shaped Daytime Running Lights | 22' Kicker Subwoofer | 3M Carbon Fiber Di-Noc Door Pillars | Amber Corners | K&N Airbox Filter |

I don't have the electronic switch blade remote key its just a single laser cut key

Well I broke in my car ninja status scratched it a little.. I was able to put it in my driveway and take my laptop out.. I took my door apart to try to figure out what's going on but now im taking a break. Everything happends for a reason. Maybe it just needs to rest

My cluster lights don't turn off so my car might die by morning time which is gonna suck when trying to recharge without being able to open the trunk

i tried clearing the codes with the obd2 and it said Data Curruption while reading the codes
    02 bmw 330CiSold)
    94 MB c220(deceased)
    73 Porsche 911(deceased)
    96 MB 280 Sport (traded)

I also noticed, that the little red lights on both the interior trunk and door unlock little red lights are not on usually they light up
    02 bmw 330CiSold)
    94 MB c220(deceased)
    73 Porsche 911(deceased)
    96 MB 280 Sport (traded)

Well I managed to disconnect the battery without opening the trunk, now I'm going to wash it and reconnect the battery to see it worked. I just hope it doesn't ask for the stereo code now

I took out the fuse for the alarm with that i was able to open the trunk with the button from the inside, the radio code came on after i reconnected the battery I called the dealer to get the code i punched it in but now I don't know what to do

So.. I think I'm just gonna order my fob keys from the dealership that's all I come up with its 345 and they need my car towed there for them to order the let's with the remote

Have you tried just going to MB to diagnose the problem?
    instead of going all out with $350 for something that may not fix it

I would still have to tow it and there's isn't any MB dealerships around where I live. I'm 99.99 percent sure once I have a remote I could unlock and disarm the anti theft lock out. And if it doesn't work well then atleast I'd finaly have a spare key not to mention a remote which I don't have now. And I think they give me the valet one too

I rather spend money on the key than spend the same amount getting it diagnosed, I already diagnosed it myself. Why should I pay to hear something i already know. It's like going to the doctor because your arm is broken and you go check to see the doctor to ask what's wrong with you, and they say oh well its your arm, its broken that'd be 120$ and if you want treatment its another 1,200$