Thread: Polishing Aluminum

Polishing Aluminum

I have an aluminum shift gate cover which is in dire need of polishing.

I have a dremel, with polishing wheel. But I have never polished metal before.

Anyone do this before? Any recommended techniques, as well as polishing compond recommendations?

Thank you!

OG Moderator
    Actualy yes! Kam, let me know when you are avialable I have a polishing compund for brushed aluminum that came with my roll bars! It is a hard resin compound that must dry for a about half hour and becuase of its abrasive traits it creates a clean shean to brushed aluminum surfaces. I have used it to a great result and its easy to do.

Let me know I will give you a bottle.
    Token Chrysler owner

sweeet! thanx Paul!! Will you be around sometime next week?

OG Moderator

Lightbulb

Kam

I wouldn't do it with dremmel

I tried to polish my muffler before with dremmel it didn't come out as I exepcted

I think you need the buffer/polishing machine with large buffing surface that way you wouldn't need to worry about some part being polished more than the other (if you know what I meant )

Regardz,

J Irwan

I used to roll 20" budnik billet wheels on my 2000 chevy truck. They were a Beeaatch to clean. I used Eagle one until I discovered the bomb. Its called Wenol. It's from Germany or Poland. Check out the link. It uses minimal effort & it is like I said....The BOMB. Instead of waiting for it to get black & wiping it off, you keep rubbing until the black stuff disappears! It is fabulous stuff! I wish more people new about it. http://www.shinesbrite.com/wenolauto.html

http://www.wenol.com/